Need Help With New Transformer

rich87

Aug 28, 2011
please help!! about 2 months ago idecided to buy a tablet, either ipad or asus eeepad. i went for the android eeepad- starting to regret it, as many people ive always used microsoft and android is so different all i can seem to do is surf the net without getting stuck or confused. can anyone recommend a good book to actually help m situation?? please any help wouldbe great as i no this canbe great if i can actually use it .

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Rich, Welcome to the forum. If I'm not mistaken you have an Asus Transformer and it is a very nice tablet. I'm moving you question to the Asus Tablets section of the forum where someone should be able to help you out.

rich87

Aug 28, 2011
Ok thanks, i may just post a question when something comes up then. First one i cant seem to use my calender on the tablet?? And if i put an event online in my google calender it doesnt appear on my tablet one, any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

_androgenous

Jun 6, 2011
Hi Rich87, have you created a Google Account? or used an existing one to set up the TF? (might seem a bit obvious, but you never know), if so, have you setup Google Sync on the account to sync your Calendar, Contacts and Gmail? -- if not or not sure, go to Settings -- Accounts & Sync, select your account and then tick the boxes.

HTH

rich87

Aug 28, 2011
I set up my gmail when i bought the tablet and it says its synchronized. When i go into the calender, it says add an account, but when i put in my details it says that account already exsists?

rich87

Aug 28, 2011
And its weird that 2 google accounts are on here one with a small g and the other yellow @ sticking out an envelope,plus another mail icon on the desktop?? I dont get what the differences are?

_androgenous

Jun 6, 2011
And its weird that 2 google accounts are on here one with a small g and the other yellow @ sticking out an envelope,plus another mail icon on the desktop?? I dont get what the differences are?

Both of these are email apps, the one with the (usually red) G, is Gmail and will link directly to your gmail account. The other is a generic email setup, Asus mail, this has the benefit of being able to set up POP3 and IMAP email accounts, so.... if like most of 'us' you have 2 or more email addresses then you can use Asus mail to connect to all of these accounts simultaneously and have a centralised email system. Gmail does allow IMAP and POP acconts also, but I seem to recall it's a paid for addon.

EDIT: Forgot to say the default mail widget on the homescreen you're referring to and ASUS Mail (envelope+@) are the same thing, the homescreen widget serves as a notification when emails are received.

Last edited:

rich87

Aug 28, 2011
So which should i use? How can i get up other acccounts, say microsoft one? Do you have any idea how i sort my calender? Thanks

_androgenous

Jun 6, 2011
Hey Rich, MS accounts are generally IMAP and not POP3 type accounts, can I assume you already have a Hotmail or Live account? If you logon to your MS account, there should be an option to view the config/settings (mailbox names etc), have a look at setting up a new email account in Asus mail, and use the settings you find on your MS account and enter them into the equivalent/required boxes. Sounds a bit vague I know, but have a look at account creation and you'll see that there's very little info required really.

Not too sure what you mean regarding 'sorting your calendar' can you be more specific?

rich87

Aug 28, 2011
Ok when it comes to the calender, when i click add account it comes up with a box saying ' no calenders, before you can add an event you must add at least one calender account to the device and make a calender visable. Touch add account to add an account, when i click add account and enter my gmail log in details it says there is already this account on this device. Any ideas?