Netflix

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
Hey all,

I received my V712 yesterday and have it rooted and updated...excellent walk through iiDiabolusZz!!

My question now is regarding Netflix. I have downloaded the app from the Play Store but it never works. I hit the app button and it refuses to open. Anyone else have experience this and is there a work around? Another app I can sideload?

Thanks,
Bill

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hey all,

I received my V712 yesterday and have it rooted and updated...excellent walk through iiDiabolusZz!!

My question now is regarding Netflix. I have downloaded the app from the Play Store but it never works. I hit the app button and it refuses to open. Anyone else have experience this and is there a work around? Another app I can sideload?

Thanks,
Bill

Hi, you could try putting the Netflix.apk file in root using root explorer, my new walk-through has a section concerning Gapps( google apps) which describes using root-explorer to root apps more in depth you could follow that, you wont need to go to external sd or download the gapps file, Netflix.apk will be in sdcard then apps, copy+paste back to system apps.

Link - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-onda-sd-card-firmware-installer-v1-0-a.html

Last edited:

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
Thanks for the response.

I have managed to find another Netflix app that seems to work. I haven't actually watched anything for very long but at least the app opens and appears to function properly.

This is the app that I sideloaded if anyone else is having this issue. Once downloaded I had to go into the developers options and force GPU rendering because it was too slow without doing that.

Netflix Black working version for android

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
So I have tried to watch a movie using this app but it buffers a lot and makes movies almost unwatchable. I will try your rooting method and see what happens.

Has anyone had luck with Netflix?

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
I had the same problem. Others have suggested going to Netflix and lowering the quality one notch. I also heard that Netflix 1.8 will work. I installed the 2.0 firmware with Android 4.1 on my 811 2 days ago & that took care of it. I watched Sgt. Frog last night w/ my tablet perched on my nightstand. I have heard that some people have a HDMI audio problem with the 2.0 firmware but can't verify.....

beater

Feb 16, 2013
Hello - I'm new here so I hope i'm in the right place to ask this - but I have an Aoson M19 tablet and I am trying to get netflix to open let alone play on it. I've read that the Netflix Black edition will play on a host of Chinese tablets with the Rockchip hardware. Problem is the only place I can find it is at here: Netflix Black working version for android but the server has been down for a long time now so is there anywhere else I can download from or does someone else have a copy I can get. Any other ideas are very welcome - Netflix says that my tablet make is not on Google's list of acceptable manufacturers that will work with their Netflix app.

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
I have the V711 upgraded to 2.0 firmware and rooted from diaboluszz's file. Netflix works perfectly fine.