New? 32gb Built In Storage

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I know you werent asking me this, but here is a good case that I found on the Amazon UK site (I will buy it very soon since I guess they will ship to the US). Im wondering if it is the same one that Raven312 bought.
Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It looks nicer than the Acer one, but helluva lot cheaper than the PDAir one, and it has access to the memory card slot.

EDIT:
Also comes in brown:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051UKL6M/ref=pd_luc_sbs_01_02

EDIT 2:
Just bought the black one and total USD (price + S&H) is around $33. Not too shabby, not too shabby!

It is the same one. I bought the brown.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

fzapped

Jun 8, 2011
I recently bought the 32gB version from hhgregg online for store pickup in delaware, I live in Md but DE has no tax. Everyone else has it as pre-order, I was surprised when they actually had it.

kwedgworth

May 31, 2011
FYI, Costco has started to stock the 32GB version in the U.S., plus it includes the Acer case and HDMI cable. $489

Last edited:

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
costco has the 32G version for 479$ with the case. I bought the 16G from staples but cannot return it now. I want the 32G

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
FYI, Costco has started to stock the 32GB version in the U.S., plus it includes the Acer case and HDMI cable. $489

That's what's a bit bothersome to me ...I paid $40 for that case....and I paid a couple of bucks for a hdmi cable and a mini-hdmi adapter. The memory doesn't bother me so much as it is probably a cheap class 2 microSD card in there...I'd rather have a faster one (plus the other add-on card and both microUSB and USB slots). I guess Costco could be making this a loss-leader in the tablet market, so it might not really be Acer's fault. It's a benefit of being a Costco member. Oh well, you wins and and some loses some. :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The 32g internal memory is all flash ram, not internal microSD. You can still add a microSD to the 32gig version.

Take it from a guy who has been twice burned on the large internal memory models:
Save your money, get the 16gig and add a microSD card.

Even if that ends up being slightly more expensive its a better way to go.
Use the microSD for all your media, songs, Movies, Books, etc. Photos you want to keep too.

Use the internal memory for apps and things that won't move to microSD.

That way when you have to do a system reset to factory you don't lose everything.
If you want to root and install some other Rom you don't have to reload all your collection.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Last edited:

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
The 32g internal memory is all flash ram, not internal microSD. You can still add a microSD to the 32gig version.

You dont have to google very hard to find the 32gb is a SSD.
I'll spell it out for you seeing as you appear to make stuff up ;)
Solid State Drive
Flame suit is on

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You dont have to google very hard to find the 32gb is a SSD.
I'll spell it out for you seeing as you appear to make stuff up ;)
Solid State Drive
Flame suit is on

And I didn't have to google very far to find a page that explains that ssd is simply an organization, and not indicative of the actual type of memory in use.

Solid-state drive

You have to read ALL THE WAY to paragraph TWO to find out that As of 2010, most SSDs use NAND-based flash memory, which retains memory even without power.

Nice try son.