New Android User

scraperad

Apr 15, 2013
Hi all. Have recently purchased a Bauhn android tablet from Aldi's. I have had no experience with tablets or android so am interested in learning something about them. Cheers Alan

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
G'day Alan, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Bauhn tablet. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. If/when you have any questions specific to your tablet, start a new thread in the Bauhn Tablets forum and ask your question. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
You learn something new everyday Alan. When I started to read your post and saw the name Aldi, I thought "another member from the UK", then I saw Australia, so googled Aldi Australia and was surprised to see you have that store down there, and here was I thinking it was a UK venture only.

Anyway, it's good to read everyday there are new users of tablets and have no idea/ information on how best it can serve you. I was in the same position as you less than a fortnight ago, but learn something new every day. Welcome from another newbie.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
googled Aldi Australia and was surprised to see you have that store down there, and here was I thinking it was a UK venture only.

I guess we all learned something, I thought Aldi was a US venture only.:rolleyes: There are two Aldi stores within 3 miles of my house.:cool:

annaharris

Aug 28, 2012
Hello scraperad, welcome to Android Tablets. Congratulations for your new Bauhn android tablet, does it comes with Jelly bean?

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
But ours are grocery stores. :cool:

Never saw any electronics.

If you google aldi and then look at their website, at the top left they have up-coming special offers, this is where you need to look to ensure you know when they are coming. I have bought several techie items from them, the stuff they sell tends to be Medion.

On the same type of post, another cheapie store we have is Llidl, they too have electrical items but I have n't bought anything from them.

The thing is, none of us know if we're going to get on with the items we buy, so a small investment which might end up unused after a while, is better than investing a huge amount. My tablet cost less than £60 sterling reduced from £120 sterling and this came form a tv shopping channel (ugh), but currently it serves my purpose. If I go along the route of buying something far more expensive later, is something I don't know yet.

Last edited: