New member with Le Pan TC 970

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
Good Day, I'll be 80 this year and have been working with computers since I was 16 (first mechanical then analog and now digital),
Retired now, my working experience has been with Manufacturing and Test Engineering. My Android equipment consists of 2 E-book readers and 3 7"tablets. When I saw the value/cost of the Le Pan TC 970 I couldn't pass it buy. Should get mine Friday, Can't wait to open it up. I hope to come up with modifications to Ipod attachments. Sure could use a complete schematic only have the 30 pin connector pinout. Hope you don't mind a hardware guy here. Doesn't appear to be blogs for hardware modifiers.

Hi Borvis

We'll definitely be looking forward to having a hardware guy's point of view with the Le Pan, and it would be great if you could get some of the ipod attachments modified to work with it.

mikeadams68

Jan 11, 2011
Hello everyone just ordered my Le Pan tc970 a few days ago and should get it tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it all the reviews I have read have been mostly postive. The specs look impressive and the screen gets rave reviews. I am a computer tech and have a samsung exhibit android phone and have previously owned a Coby Kyros tablet. The Le Pan looks to be way better than the Kyros. Look foward to adding to the forum. I also ordered a sd card reader for the Ipad with the 30pin connector to see if that works for the Le Pan or not will let you all know. If that does not work I am getting the Eyefi card for my digital camera looking for a solution to be able to take pics and upload to the Le Pan on the road for quick review.

BBURNS84

Feb 22, 2012
hello everyone!!!! i have just also purchased the Le Pan tablet and i am having issues with video chat. so far i have only tried yahoo messenger and i was able to see and hear them but they could not see or hear me at all. i wasn't even popping up in the little corner box. does anyone have any suggestions? i bought this primarily to chat with my family out of state!!!! please anyone with suggestions let me know it would really be appreciated!

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Regarding video chat, from what I have read by others, the Skype market app seems to work. Important that you have the most recent firmware installed.

shellco

Mar 10, 2011
Welcome, I have a question.
How can I delete photos in Le Pan TC970 Gallery?

The delete option and editing options do not appear when I touch menu on any of my pictures loaded on to tablet. They are in the memory not the micro card, and got there when I connected the usb to my computer. I honestly don't know how they loaded on to tablet, I didn't choose them, they were pictures that seemed to randomly transfer. I was shocked to see them on the tablet.They are .jpg and .jpeg, and are all different file sizes. The delete and editing options only appear on the sample photos that came with the tablet. How can I get these pictures transferred to the micro card so I can put card in my computer and delete that way? Am I right in thinking pictures should only be on the card to have all the photo options on the menu?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome, I have a question.
How can I delete photos in Le Pan TC970 Gallery?
The delete option and editing options do not appear when I touch menu on any of my pictures loaded on to tablet. They are in the memory not the micro card, and got there when I connected the usb to my computer. I honestly don't know how they loaded on to tablet, I didn't choose them, they were pictures that seemed to randomly transfer. I was shocked to see them on the tablet.They are .jpg and .jpeg, and are all different file sizes. The delete and editing options only appear on the sample photos that came with the tablet. How can I get these pictures transferred to the micro card so I can put card in my computer and delete that way? Am I right in thinking pictures should only be on the card to have all the photo options on the menu?

Do you have a picasa photo gallery on line? Do you see the picasa logo in the corner of the albums? Google will automatically sync picasa galleries and you can't delete the photos because they are not on your tablet but on the picasa website and being accessed on the tablet.

PS not nice to thread jack. :/

JP

shellco

Mar 10, 2011
Thank you for the reply. I haven't posted much, so I honestly don't know what this means (PS not nice to thread jack. :/.) I thought I was following the Le Pan questions and was posting a question of my own. If I have Picassa, that's news to me. I'll go check that out. If I don't have Picasa, is there no way to transfer the pictures to a micro card in the tablet?
Thanks!

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Shellco, not sure I fully understand. Your photos should be in the photo folder on your sd card. Use the file manager app to locate and delete those you don't want. You can also just use the gallery application. Long press on any photo and select delete from the menu.

shellco

Mar 10, 2011
Shellco, not sure I fully understand. Your photos should be in the photo folder on your sd card. Use the file manager app to locate and delete those you don't want. You can also just use the gallery application. Long press on any photo and select delete from the menu.

That's what I don't understand, the only thing on the sd card is a sample video. The 150 pictures filling up the internal memory must have synced from blogger.

Everything is fine when I open the pictures that came with the tablet, long pressing on the picture and delete appears, and when I press Share, it displays "Bluetooth,Picasa Photobucket, and Gmail. "More" displays editing commands.

But when I use the Gallery application, all 150 pictures show in different files. Long pressing on these pictures does not display "delete", and the menu options are less. Is it possible to transfer all these pictures to the sd card, I don't see anywhere were there is a possibility of this.

If I set the tablet back to factory settings, shouldn't the gallery be emptied? How can I keep the same thing from happening again? Sorry this is so long, everything is a mess and it's making me crazy.

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
A good file manager application will give you access to all your files -- internal memory and sd card.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
ES File Explorer, free in the Android Market, is really powerful and full-featured.

Love it. ;)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi shellco, thread jacking just means you took over an unrelated thread for your own purposes. You should have simply started a new thread with your issue. That aside, if I understand correctly you hooked up your tablet to the computer after which some pictures appeared in the photo gallery but they are not on the SD card. You believe they may be in the internal memory but are not sure.

In any case you are looking to remove them from the gallery. Since you did not move the photos yourself, one of two things happened 1. the files synced from your computer to the tablet on their own and 2. they are syncing from the internet someplace and are not actually on your tablet.

1. If they synced from you pc and transferred to internal memory you need to figure out which app you installed that moved them for you if you do not want it to happen again. In this case any file explorer on the tablet should allow you find the files in internal memory and delete them. You should also be able to delete them directly from the gallery in this case too by long pressing the photo and then pressing delete from the menu that pops up.

2. Because you are saying the gallery does not give the option to delete the photos after a long press but only the option to share then the pictures are probably not on the internal memory of the tablet but syncing from a photo sharing website. It may not be Picasa, but do you have an account someplace on line that you uploaded these photos to (flikr, photobucket etc.)? Do you have an app from that same site?

From what you are describing it sounds like you set your online album to sync with your tablet. If you don't want the photos to show in your tablet gallery you need to find out which app you are using that is syncing and disable the sync either entirely or for the albums that you don't want to show on the tablet.

JP