New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

Cobble

Jan 24, 2013
In LiveSuite is it safe to select the 'format upgrade mode'? Selecting the General option just gives a blank error box after choosing the .img file, and the English translation of the software doesn't fill me with confidence.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
In LiveSuite is it safe to select the 'format upgrade mode'? Selecting the General option just gives a blank error box after choosing the .img file, and the English translation of the software doesn't fill me with confidence.

Here's a guide for LiveSuite

1. Run LiveSuite

2. Select the firmware

Click the "SelectImg" button (the first button from the left) to select the firmware .img file.

3. Select the format to force upgrade

Livesuit prompt "force format", click "Yes" (Y).

4. Upgrade begins

Pop-up "OK to force format" dialog box, select "Yes", the upgrade begins.

5. The upgrade is complete

Firmware download process last about three and a half minutes or so, please wait until the prompt "upgrade successful."

6. Automatic restart

After the upgrade is complete, your tablet will automatically restart, then you can unplug the USB cable.
Slow start-up for the first time, please be patient.

Last edited:

ZoomyRamen

Jan 16, 2013
Here's a guide for LiveSuite

1. Run LiveSuite

2. Select the firmware

Click the "SelectImg" button (the first button from the left) to select the firmware .img file.

3. Select the format to force upgrade

Livesuit prompt "force format", click "Yes" (Y).

4. Upgrade begins

Pop-up "OK to force format" dialog box, select "Yes", the upgrade begins.

5. The upgrade is complete

Firmware download process last about three and a half minutes or so, please wait until the prompt "upgrade successful."

6. Automatic restart

After the upgrade is complete, your tablet will automatically restart, then you can unplug the USB cable.
Slow start-up for the first time, please be patient.

Nothing to do with this post, but just wondering if you have an updated link to the new playstore so I can download the missing apps?

clover06

Jan 24, 2013
I have just bought today a new v712 the version is V2 and it has Android verion 4.0.3 and Baseband version 1.41 showing in about tablet option. So please guide what should i do to udate my v712 and get rid of chines application.

thanks in advance.

i had check my sd card using other device. i manage to opened other files but some of it missing. when i insert back to my tablet it keeps saying sd card are not curently mounted and i can save or download anymore because there is no storage data but at the same time it will say scanning.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Updated 24.01.13

Works on all Onda Tablets including new Quad-Core tablets, except Vi40 ultimate 4.1.1 (still trying), will work for Vi40 ultimate 4.0.3.

New instructions PLEASE read carefully, if you are unsure just post what files you have in the firmware package, which tablet and which firmware it is currently running.

Please note most Onda Tablets come Pre-Rooted, download the file below, it contains Superuser and Root Explorer. Once done open the zip file and put them both on your SDcard and install Superuser first then Root Explorer, if successful you can delete the chinese apps using Root Explorer.

I'm quite new to rooting Android tablets, though I'm not a complete layman in IT terms. Do you think it is doable to install this firmware on a Non-Onda tablet with the same hardware setup ?

I'm talking about the Aigo M80D which has the same cpu and gpu. I know this tablet is unrooted, so I will have to root it first.

Last edited:

hortas

Jan 25, 2013
I succesfully managed to update and root my V811 to firmware v2.1, thanks to iiDiabolusZz's guide. Now i'm wondering whether i can just update to V2.11 without thereby loosing my data and root.

I'm new to android so this may be sound as a dumb question. But do I always have to begin the whole process of rooting and re-installing after each firmware update? Or is there a proper way to update without loosing all data?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
i had check my sd card using other device. i manage to opened other files but some of it missing. when i insert back to my tablet it keeps saying sd card are not curently mounted and i can save or download anymore because there is no storage data but at the same time it will say scanning.

Try formatting it to FAT32.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I'm quite new to rooting Android tablets, though I'm not a complete layman in IT terms. Do you think it is doable to install this firmware on a Non-Onda tablet with the same hardware setup ?

I'm talking about the Aigo M80D which has the same cpu and gpu. I know this tablet is unrooted, so I will have to root it first.

Have you tried installing Superuser? They might come pre-rooted, if not try just following the root section, it should work ok.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Did you manage to get a response from Onda?

Still nothing back yet but i did find this for your chipset -

Download this file - Root-Restore.7z

Now the instructions say to extract files to desktop then connect tablet to pc, make sure USB debugging and non-market apps are checked in tablets settings then double click RunMe.bat and follow instructions, if you get stuck there is a video guide below.

Last edited by a moderator:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi,
I just wanted to test more options like Wipe Cache and Davilk Cache in oder to solve the error 972 when installing an app from google play.
Thanks,

You could try the new playstore i just put in the guide or download the Factory_update_param.aml file below, it is set to just wipe cache you can edit it with Notepad++ or i use Gedit to add the wipe for Davilk put it on SDcard and boot to recovery it will run then reboot.

Factory-Wipe.zip

Last edited:

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Have you tried installing Superuser? They might come pre-rooted, if not try just following the root section, it should work ok.

The Aigo is not pre-rooted but I found a guide how to root it, however the poster of that guide said it was the most tricky brand he had rooted yet.

The intention of my post was actually to understand on what it depends if you can install a certain custom rom on a a device or not.

Can you install a custom JB rom on any android device that has the adequate cpu and gpu power or is each rom designed for one particular hardware set up.

edit : I guess it is also of importance for the Rom to know the capacity of the battery or not ?

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
The Aigo is not pre-rooted but I found a guide how to root it, however the poster of that guide said it was the most tricky brand he had rooted yet.

The intention of my post was actually to understand on what it depends if you can install a certain custom rom on a a device or not.

Can you install a custom JB rom on any android device that has the adequate cpu and gpu power or is each rom designed for one particular hardware set up.

It should root ok, [FONT=arial, sans-serif]there is CWM10 guides online for installing custom roms just make sure its for your chip set only trouble with custom roms is the bugs on different hardware, i prefer stock roms and root them as its set up for your tablet.[/FONT]