New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
That doesn't work either as Root keeper has less access in 4.1.1 and even though you can Protect Root, it won't give the option to Temp Un root. As far as I can see it is because the 'Root permission granted' is not ticked. I also tried doing SuperSU first and that doesn't install correctly either, presumably as I don't have root access.

Have you tried installing the 4.1.1 firmware OTA? if you check in settings it shoud have an option to check for updates.

capsulcom

Jan 17, 2013
Hi iiDiabolusZz, first of all, thank you very much for your manual. you did a great job, but there are a few questions left:

STEP2
Now download this file Root_Gapps_complete.zip
Open the zip file and copy Root Explorer to your SDcard and using the tablets File manager go to external SDcard and install it, now you can uninstall all the chinese apps using Root Explorer.

At the beginning I had problems to find the root explorer, but later i found it. I had to extract Root_Gapps_complete.zip -> extract root.zip -> go to /root/system/app/rootexplorer.apk , maybe you can put it into your manual for other users.

now you write, that I can uninstall chinese apps, but that isn´t necessary i think, 'cause then you have to uninstall it twice (root section again) or does it has any purpose in step 2?

And why should i download Root_Gapps_complete.zip twice (step2 and root section), isn´t it the same?

And in Step 3, I know I can find "factory_update_param.aml" after extracting root_gapps_complete.zip. But where do I find the other files (update.zip - patch.zip - aml_autoscript -uboot.bin - uImage_recovery)?
I stuck here now, so don´t know, if i have further questions.

pretty cool, that you write how to get into recovery.. didn´t know that and was trying to enter recovery for a long time, always did it with a terminal, but your way is easier. thank you very much for you help. i appreciate it. :)

edit: I use the FW: Vi30P_V3_v1.4rc3 (Onda vi30 deluxe v3) do you know if there is a newer FW? If so, where can i find it, thx.

Oh, now i see, that i am not supposed to be in this thread, cause it´s for onda v701 :(

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz, first of all, thank you very much for your manual. you did a great job, but there are a few questions left:

At the beginning I had problems to find the root explorer, but later i found it. I had to extract Root_Gapps_complete.zip -> extract root.zip -> go to /root/system/app/rootexplorer.apk , maybe you can put it into your manual for other users.

now you write, that I can uninstall chinese apps, but that isn´t necessary i think, 'cause then you have to uninstall it twice (root section again) or does it has any purpose in step 2?

And why should i download Root_Gapps_complete.zip twice (step2 and root section), isn´t it the same?

And in Step 3, I know I can find "factory_update_param.aml" after extracting root_gapps_complete.zip. But where do I find the other files (update.zip - patch.zip - aml_autoscript -uboot.bin - uImage_recovery)?
I stuck here now, so don´t know, if i have further questions.

pretty cool, that you write how to get into recovery.. didn´t know that and was trying to enter recovery for a long time, always did it with a terminal, but your way is easier. thank you very much for you help. i appreciate it. :)

edit: I use the FW: Vi30P_V3_v1.4rc3 (Onda vi30 deluxe v3) do you know if there is a newer FW? If so, where can i find it, thx.

Oh, now i see, that i am not supposed to be in this thread, cause it´s for onda v701 :(

Wow, now i am confused! This is for all onda tablets not just v701, I think you are reading this guide all wrong, firstly you only follow the STEP which relates to whats in your firmware package, Open the Vi30P_V3_v1.4rc3.zip file and see what is inside then follow the step, you do not follow all the steps, if you follow STEP 1 then once done use the root section as it says at end of step 1, if you follow step 2 you do not need to follow root section otherwise i would of said in the instructions and if you follow STEP 3 you use the root section as it says at the end of step 3, you DO NOT follow all the steps, just tell me what files you get in the Vi30P_V3_v1.4rc3 file if you get stuck and i will tell you what to do.

Last edited:

edujancker

Jan 23, 2013
hello

In the last v811 update (2.11) this file does not appear: aml_autoscript

the others files are the same that in version 2.1

why???

could cause problems?

thanks and sorry abuot mu english!!:cool:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
hello

In the last v811 update (2.11) this file does not appear: aml_autoscript

the others files are the same that in version 2.1

why???

could cause problems?

thanks and sorry abuot mu english!!:cool:

Hi, it will still auto run with the factory aml file, the autoscript is not required with this as it is just a slight update just put on SDcard what you have.

capsulcom

Jan 17, 2013
Wow, now i am confused! This is for all onda tablets not just v701, I think you are reading this guide all wrong, firstly you only follow the STEP which relates to whats in your firmware package, Open the Vi30P_V3_v1.4rc3.zip file and see what is inside then follow the step, you do not follow all the steps, if you follow STEP 1 then once done use the root section as it says at end of step 1, if you follow step 2 you do not need to follow root section otherwise i would of said in the instructions and if you follow STEP 3 you use the root section as it says at the end of step 3, you DO NOT follow all the steps, just tell me what files you get in the Vi30P_V3_v1.4rc3 file if you get stuck and i will tell you what to do.

ok, now i understand, thats why i´ve been stuck at end of step2.
Because i have an img.file, I only have to do step 2 and I am not supposed to follow the root-section.
Sry, that i misunderstood. all fine now, thank you very much. :)

Jan 23, 2013
Hi.. i have bought a onda v812 pc tablet.. am not able to access skype,yahoo and some more android apps from playstore... reason is that device is unfound ..not supported device.... can anyone tell how to solve this issue ....(am new to android/tablet world)

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi.. i have bought a onda v812 pc tablet.. am not able to access skype,yahoo and some more android apps from playstore... reason is that device is unfound ..not supported device.... can anyone tell how to solve this issue ....(am new to android/tablet world)

Follow this guide it will get the playstore working properly. If your unsure just post what firmware your on you will find it in settings/about tablet and i will walk you through it.

dperezalvarez

Jan 18, 2013
Hi,
how could I wipe cache or whatever option inside recovery with a v711? The problem it's that I don't have volume keys. With Home key, the screen turns black and with power button I select, so I can only select the first option "reboot system now", I have onlt that two keys. How could I wipe davilk cache?
Thanks for your help,

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi,
how could I wipe cache or whatever option inside recovery with a v711? The problem it's that I don't have volume keys. With Home key, the screen turns black and with power button I select, so I can only select the first option "reboot system now", I have onlt that two keys. How could I wipe davilk cache?
Thanks for your help,

Why you needing too? Are you on a custom rom?

Cobble

Jan 24, 2013
Howdy

I've just received a v702 'Fashion' edition. Can I just check that the correct firmware for it is ONDA °º´ïµç×Ó

This is an assumption since there are two different firmwares for the V702 - 'D' and 'F'. 'D' appears to be for the dual-core version, with 'F' for the Fashion version. But then I can't speak Chinese, and we all know that assumption is the mother of all mess-ups.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Howdy

I've just received a v702 'Fashion' edition. Can I just check that the correct firmware for it is ONDA °º´ïµç×Ó

This is an assumption since there are two different firmwares for the V702 - 'D' and 'F'. 'D' appears to be for the dual-core version, with 'F' for the Fashion version. But then I can't speak Chinese, and we all know that assumption is the mother of all mess-ups.

Yes that is the correct one, i believe the firmware comes as a .img file for the v702 and is pre-rooted so all you will need to do is download superuser + root explorer, i have just updated the guide if you get stuck just ask.

Last edited: