1. SmackDaddies

SmackDaddies Member

Tablet / Device:
    a100 (iconia), color nook
    older than dirt, owned color nook, stolen by daughter, new owner of A100 (iconia - Acer) which I am just learning. Probably an I Pad in my future (sorry - work supplied) Got my start with the trash 80 in high school, moved up to a commodore 64 (cassette drive, natch). Learned how to program in COBAL on punchcards. Early adopter of OS/2 (yes, this is a test to see if you know your computer history). Own way to many computers of a variety of systems (Mac/PC). Never got into Linux nevermind the fact I once knew COBAL.

That's pretty much it. I am currently working my way through the updates to the A100 (bought refurb through Sears, $179). I pretty much web surf, email and read books on my tablets. Looking forward to seeing if I can make VPN work to hook into my office email. Likely hood of getting the IT weenies to approve that is minimal.

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi, congratulations on your new Acer A100 and welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

3. bigmooke

bigmooke Member

I am with you! Spent many hours in college in front of an IBM 1610 learning Fortran, Cobol, BAL, RPG and a lot of other old alphabet soup that was life in those days. I think I was watching when they decided on the name for dirt! :)

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Xoom / HP Touchpad / Samsung Galaxy / Viewsonic gTablet
    Hello and welcome to the forum! We are happy to have ya with us!!