New Update Now

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
New update downloading now:

Acer_A700_AV043.RV23RC03_PA_CUS1

35.7MB

Appears to be the update Germany already got. Improves touch, new power management options, etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
So far, the tablet is much snappier, touch is nearly instantly responsive, and Internet seems faster. I'll judge the heat issue later although I haven't had that problem in the past.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yup, Captain, just got my notification too. Installing as we speak/type.

Hope it solves the last little bit of missed taps, and maybe the ever-so-slight stutter that the last update re-introduced.

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
I've been banging away on the tablet all day since I got the update and it's been running the best it ever has. No more stutter, no more missed taps, faster than before. I haven't seen any of the sluggishness I've been having prior. So far, so good.

Now, where's my Jelly Bean? :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Still seeing a slight stutter when switching home screens. Ever so slight.
Streaming olympics is awesome with NBC LiveExtra app.

There is a new feature in Settings under battery, (also accessible in the pop-up notifications tab) called Power option.
I'm not seeing this makes much difference regardless if you set Performance or Balanced with my mix of Apps.

Anyone seeing this help or hurt?

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Gah, I left mine at home this morning because one of my students tried to walk out with it yesterday. Wish I had brought it to get the update. Downloading now.

sashapir

Aug 3, 2012
Latest update killed my touch response. Be very careful on new install. Usable before but not now!! Waiting for fix or way to rollback.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Latest update killed my touch response. Be very careful on new install. Usable before but not now!! Waiting for fix or way to rollback.

Check all these things

Sluggishness can be fixed largely by steps:
shut off the Ring in settings. (This is NOT the lock screen ring)
set Font size Normal under Settings / Display
turned off Large text under Settings / Accessibility.]
Touch Sensitivity High

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Another thing I noticed is that Auto brightness pretty much works now, where as before it was always too dark.

Camera Auto White balance is still too purple/blue out doors. Setting Cloudy seems to give the best picture.

I do like that Acer is keeping up with the few bug reports that this tablet has and pushing the updates out.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Old update went over my root with no issues. This update didn't go through with my root. Trying to go back to stock at the moment.

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
I'm waiting for JB before I root. I'll be loading up with hacking tools for work but I want a clear upgrade path to JB first.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'm waiting for JB before I root. I'll be loading up with hacking tools for work but I want a clear upgrade path to JB first.

My sentiments exactly.
There is just no compelling reason to root this tablet now. You gain nothing.

Sent from my HOX

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I root to gain use of my screenshot tool, sixaxis, and...There was another, but I can't remember at the moment.

Anywho, I went back to stock (took me a while to get it right, but it happened) and just got the update installed. I'm hoping for good things.

EDIT: Holy schnikes....It's a TON faster. I'm not losing any taps, and the screen transitions are smooth as silk.

EDIT2: Ten minutes in, not noticing any negatives, just positives. Much smoother and quicker. Also, GPS loaded up very quickly. Not sure if the app I use was updated since I last used it a couple nights ago, or if this Acer update fixed some GPS issues. Anyhow, it's like a whole new tablet, and I am pleased as punch.

Last edited:

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Just got a new update today (about 33MB) am now at RV23RC04_EMEA_FR and 1.060.00_EMEA_FR and it seems on first reboot that UI lag has completely disappeared! Woot!

androdog

Jul 24, 2012

I had NO problems with touch screen response on my A700 from the start, including after 1st OTA (1.029) update. I installed the 2nd OTA (1.057) update and just about every other touch is not registered. It is extraordinarily frustrating. I have added no software in a couple weeks and the ONLY thing that has changed has been the update.

Can anyone offer detailed instructions on how to revert to 1.029 (1st OTA update)? Table has not been rooted yet but willing to try anything to change this. I am past my 30 day return and fear from experience that Acer will just recommend factory reset and blame this on a software conflict.