newbi from south wales

HOLES

Dec 22, 2011
hey im john, go by HOLES. i just bought a 7" mid android 2.3.3 tablet and im looking for some help...

im new to tablets and fairly new to andoroid besides my mobile phone running on 2.2 (froyo i believe, but thats the standard set up lol)

basically its on what seems to be chinese software. When i try to download things from the market (kindle for android for instance) it says its not available in my country, when it is as i have it on my mobile phone.
The weather app on there is pre set for shang high, china, and so is the news bit.

any ideas on how i can sort this??

HOLES

Dec 22, 2011
if its of any help i pulled these off the tablet

model - M799CA V2.0
android version - 2.3.3
kernel version - 2.6.35.7-infoTM neville@neville-desktop #4
build number - M799CA-ENG2.3.3GRI40 ENG.PETTER.20111128.170033TEST-KEYS

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hi Holes, glad to have you here, and congrats on your new tablet. I am going to leave this post here, but your device specific questions can probably be answered over in our Infotmic forums.

Cheers, and welcome to the Forum!
Peter

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Holes, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to join the forum. I'm going to move your thread over to the Infotmic Based section for you, so you don't have to ask your questions all over again. Good luck!

zannyuk

Dec 23, 2011
Hey John and everyone else.

Like John i bought a mid (actually 2) my ebay seller actually still described the tablets as wm8650 based but my firmware is identical to yours so i assume i got the same.

Technically i think the imapx210 is an upgrade on the wm8650's. We just gotta wait and be patient and let the rom guys do their thing :)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
if its of any help i pulled these off the tablet

model - M799CA V2.0
android version - 2.3.3
kernel version - 2.6.35.7-infoTM neville@neville-desktop #4
build number - M799CA-ENG2.3.3GRI40 ENG.PETTER.20111128.170033TEST-KEYS
Hey John and everyone else.

Like John i bought a mid (actually 2) my ebay seller actually still described the tablets as wm8650 based but my firmware is identical to yours so i assume i got the same.

Technically i think the imapx210 is an upgrade on the wm8650's. We just gotta wait and be patient and let the rom guys do their thing :)
Welcome HOLES & zannvuk!

A few of these devices have started surfacing in this forum using the "Search Forum" feature for "M799" you'll find the other posts.

Just starting to gather some details. First read how to determine the Hardware Id "hwver" which will determine the correct firmware once one if found.

Next a "factory reset" may bring it back to where you can set language to English or you may just have to work through the screens until you can set it manually.

Some of the information in the Sylvania Tablets forum which is another 7" InfoTMIC based tablet may be of value while your trying to figure out this tablet.

zannyuk

Dec 23, 2011
Thx for the warm welcome :) Looks like were all starting to get something new and im guessing even the ebay sellers dont realise what their selling unless someone bothers to point it out to them. On the positive side progress towards custom roms and rooting etc seems to be being made over at techknow forum http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?board=51.0 so with time we should (fingers crossed :) ) see some awesome roms for this device.

Last edited:

sharenmarto

Dec 25, 2011
Thx for the warm welcome :) Looks like were all starting to get something new and im guessing even the ebay sellers dont realise what their selling unless someone bothers to point it out to them. On the positive side progress towards custom roms and rooting etc seems to be being made over at techknow forum Questions so with time we should (fingers crossed :) ) see some awesome roms for this device.

Hi, there,

I just received my Android Tablet M799ca yesterday :) I am from Sofia, Bulgaria. The same problem with me here. I tried to install Skype with negative success. Also I tried to install Angry Birds and some other applications but they somehow are lost somewhere :) Although the installation process seems to be finished with success I cannot see the application's icon nowhere and cannot open it.

And what about the Flash Player? There is a Flash 10.1 installed, but seems not working.

I'm so happy that I'm not alone with this Tablet. I hope there will be more info soon.

See you around!