Newbie and hoping I'm not asking dumb questions!

Webster29

Oct 29, 2014
Hi - I must be one of the only people around without a tablet, but am going to buy one! In the meantime, I use someone else's!

I have a couple of questions regarding apps for android - I really hope you can help.
I have an idea for an app for my hobby group - I want to create a database (un-editable template) that people can enter their own data into. Possibly using Memento. Is that possible?

Secondly, IF I can do that, what file format are apps in? I am not tekkie, but am used to moving PDFs around on memory sticks, emails etc - is that possible with an app? So if I could create this database, could I move it to friends via emails, or sell it from a blog or website? I wouldn't want to get involved with the large apps stores.

Looking forward to your comments - many thanks! (Now got to browse the forums to choose a tablet!!)

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Can't help you with your app question, but I'm sure that some of the more knowledgeable folks may be able to answer it.
Can say "Welcome Aboard". Good to have you.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Webster, congratulations on your decision to buy a tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to answer your questions. Good luck!