[Newbie asks for help~] Anyone noticed something wrong with the screen?

thgil

Oct 12, 2011
Hi, I'm a newbie here. It seems this is the only place S7 Slim is discussed all over Internet. It's great here~
I've got a S7 Slim last month. Recently I've noticed something wrong with the screen. For example, I drew a square (300*300) in a rectangle (800*480) in PC and copied it to S7 Slim, So the screen was fulfilled with the rectangle. But I could say the square on the screen is definitely NOT a square any more! It was about 70mm*75mm! The resolution of the LCD should be 854*480 or so, NOT 800*480!
I wrote a email to Huawei but haven't got any replay now.
Is it possible to change the resolution by myself? Thanks everyone~

thgil

Oct 12, 2011
$P1050974.jpg$P1050975.jpg
I've attached the pics I took.

ChaLe

Oct 9, 2011

I beleive there is problem with resolution of drawed rectangles and resolution of screen. If You draw rectangles in some app like photoshop or similiar there is settings for display and printing resolution like 72dpi, 96dpi, 150... For this "error" i should check these settings and also display resolutin of S7 (standard CRT monitors have 72dpi, LCD 92 or 96...)

thgil

Oct 12, 2011
I beleive there is problem with resolution of drawed rectangles and resolution of screen. If You draw rectangles in some app like photoshop or similiar there is settings for display and printing resolution like 72dpi, 96dpi, 150... For this "error" i should check these settings and also display resolutin of S7 (standard CRT monitors have 72dpi, LCD 92 or 96...)

IMHO it has nothing to do with the dpi of the pic...
You can try any combination but I guess you still CANNOT get a REAL square in S7 Slim... The resolution setting is just NOT right... :eek:

ChaLe

Oct 9, 2011
IMHO it has nothing to do with the dpi of the pic...
You can try any combination but I guess you still CANNOT get a REAL square in S7 Slim... The resolution setting is just NOT right... :eek:

not at pc with necesery apps, will try during the weekend, will show results. greetings

thgil

Oct 12, 2011
not at pc with necesery apps, will try during the weekend, will show results. greetings
Thanks for your attention!
I've searched the net but I can only get some results about changing the "ro.sf.lcd_density" in "/system/build.prop" to change the density but not the resolution.
It seems I can only change the resolution before building the system (a rom?), but I don't know how... :(