Newbie questions

shirl

Dec 22, 2011
Hi just bought the Galaxy tab 10.1, never used one before and not used to Andriod. I have a few questions which I hope you can help with, sorry if some of these questions sound silly.
  1. I have downloaded a few free apps such as angry birds (love it), but will probably want to buy some other apps, do I buy these online via the tablet browser using my credit card? I do not want the tablet to remember my credit card details.
  2. I have found out how not to store my passwords on the tablet, but there are some sites such as facebook and twitter where I do not want to have to enter my password each time is there any way to select which sites to remember passwords, as I do not want my work webmail account remembered.
  3. What format do videos have to be to play on the tablet? I am I better downloading videos straight to the tablet or download to PC and transfer across via the PC, I have a cable?
Also I keep getting a pop up on my PC at this site saying IE has modified this site to prevent cross scripting on this site, what is this about?

Hope someone can answer the above.

Happy Christmas.

Shirl

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
First off congrats on the new tablet.

1. Setup accounts at market.android.com and amazon.com via your pc. Then login when from your tablet and the cc info is already there. You wont need to reenter it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Peter

2. Go to Settings->Accounts and add facebook and twitter there. The tablet will manage your credentials.

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Sorry, last one, most video formats are supported, there are a lot of different apps to try depending on your preferences.

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
Does anyone now if you can get a micro sd card adapter for the galaxy tablet to up its storage for more apps and music etc

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum