Nexus 10 performance....?

mikeb33

Dec 15, 2012
I bought "Need For Speed: Most Wanted". It plays ok, but stutters a bit. It is still quite playable and enjoyable. I had an Ausu TF700 here and it played slightly smoother, though the screen only had to draw 2 million pixels 30 times a second as opposed to the N10s 4 milllion pixels. My iPad 3 plays it a little better and has more dynamic lighting effects, glare, etc.
BUT, when loading the game, the Nexus 10 loads a map and cars in about 3-4 seconds, the TF700 about 6-7 seconds and the iPad 10 seconds.

zigqllama

Mar 11, 2013
AFAIK the Nexus 10 is still currently the most powerful Android tablet on the market as of March 1st. This is the primary reason I bought mine (sure didn't buy it for the missing SD card slot!). Samsung's Exynos is much faster than Nvidia's Tegra.
Although the second reason I bought it, the best screen on any tablet, does demand a bit of processor power. Sometimes a graphics-intensive game will cause a bit of stuttering, but either rebooting the device or manually cleaning up ram and running processes will fix things right up.

I'd easily give Nexus 10 performance an A rating. However, a new quad-core Nexus 10 is going to be coming out this year.. that one will have the power to back up the mega screen resolution and will definitely be deserving of an A+.

Note though that I am not using the stock ROM. I'm using an optimized custom 4.2 ROM that gives me a bit more speed and battery life.

StuartA

Mar 19, 2013
I've got a N10 and it screams. My gaming is limited to 2d stuff, but it never pauses or stutters like my phone does. Very smooth experience.