Purchase a Nexus 10?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I've been recently diagnoses of cancer making my eyes to messed up for my 7" Samsung. Been looking at the Nexus 10 but wonder if it is worth the money. Currently most of my income is going towards treatments so I've got to be very careful. Also, I've read rumors of an updated Nexus 10 with enhanced features coming out soon. I'll be spending a considerable amount of time in the hospital and hope to be able to do some reading, surfing and movie watching.

My question: Should I buy the Nexus 10 ( if I can ) or wait for the rumored enhanced model?

Thanks, Dave

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Dave, sorry about your diagnosis, I feel for you. As you pointed out it's rumor at this point. If I were you I would go for what's out there now. It's a great tablet.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for the kind words. I figure the man upstairs was thinking my life was getting a bit mundane and I needed a little nudge. I'll be looking at the numbers closer now and see if I can possibly squeeze it in on the old easy method payment plan, although the CC cards are already pretty tapped. Than as we all know who have wives got to have that top to bottom approval. So we shall see.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
After my disappointing experience with a Samsung Tab 2 10.1, I looked at what else was available in 10" Android tablets. Wasn't much impressed by what I found. If I were to spend my money on a 10" tablet now, I'd probably go with the Asus Transformer TF300.

The Nexus 10's biggest failing, IMO, is short battery life. If a tablet can't get at least eight hours on a charge, preferably ten, it doesn't work for me. There was one or two other things I didn't care for, but I don't recall what they were, now.

Jim