No device on Market

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Hello ppl!

As the title says, I cant use the market with my browser as I says that I dont have any device attached... I already tried all the possible roms. Is it an issue indeed or I am the only one with this problem?

Right now I am using the LFOM custom rom with Gingerbread.

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Sorry, well, I have the Coby 1024 with GB 2.3. Any way, any firwmare ever show up any device on Market. I have created an account (gmail) separated just so try fix that but no success :(

My build.prop has some modifications, but I am not sure if this is the problem... something I can change there?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
This worked for me only when I first installed and run Market on a fresh 1024. After some mods and testing some ROMs it's gone. I've read elsewhere that it may be a temporary Google glitch (I hope so), while other people say that after contacting customer support they say that unsupported hardware don't have access to all Market features, it seems that maybe they are checking other things besides build.prop fingerprint... Using either the standard MID1024 or GT-P1000 build.prop seems to make no difference here. Maybe because it checks already downloaded apps? Maybe a factory reset and starting from scratch fixes it?

If someone knows anything that can fix it, I can do some tests and include in my next CFW version...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Google has updated its FAQ:

Device not supported for use with Android Market

The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Android Market is an application created by Google that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install Android Market on their devices. If your device is not on the list of supported devices, you won't be able to see your device on the Android Market website.
https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?answer=1141080

Even tho I am using a Galaxy Tab fingerprint, I don't see any devices in my Market account website. If anyone has any idea about how to fix this, please chime in...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Just logged to my market account today using a browser in the tablet and my devices were listed, so maybe Google fixed it and/or it takes some time for it to update. The day before, Gmail app wasn't syncing so I went to Settings and cleared data from all apps related to Google syncing: GoogleServicesFramework, syncing backends for contacts and calendar, backup service, gmail, etc and Market.

Last edited:

bily95

Jul 5, 2011
Same thing here, device magically appear on the web market, even more, my previous ROM also appear, so they fixed something or their side.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Verified here too. Saw my captivate, my Kyros and the older Tom's I had on the tablet too.... pretty cool....but I didn't change a thing on mine.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Last edited:

bily95

Jul 5, 2011
Gone again, tried today, "You don't have any devices." is back... whatever Google did, they undo it!

bily95

Jul 5, 2011
Well, it may be ROM related, I'll have to check again tonight, I remember it was showing as a Verizon something yesterday....

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
People with the Viewsonic G Tablet are also having this issue.

Google is blocking martket access for devices that did not come originally with the market installed.

The manufacturer has to pay fees to google in order to add the google market to their device.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I wonder if fixing this might not be as simple as making some changes to the ro.product values in the build.prop file? Does anyone have these values for a VZW Motorola XOOM that they could share? I am willing to test it out and report back.

Sent from my gTablet using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I wonder if fixing this might not be as simple as making some changes to the ro.product values in the build.prop file? Does anyone have these values for a VZW Motorola XOOM that they could share? I am willing to test it out and report back.

Sent from my gTablet using Android Tablet Forum

I would use Samsung 7 inch tab build. Prop values as it is very similar to your tablet. Can find on google

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011