No Voice in Google Now Bug

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0' started by mikee, Jan 17, 2013.

1. mikee

mikee Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
    I just updated to jellybean last week and one thing I have noticed is that in google now if I search for something like the weather it usually speaks back the result. Today it has stopped speaking all together. I checked the google now settings and it is set to always speak yet I hear nothing except the sound it makes when you finish speaking. it did this a while ago too and since I was already having many problems after the upgrade I did a factory reset and it started speaking again until today. So far the only way I can get it working is to factory reset and i don't feel like doing this every couple of days for just a little feature.

Is this a bug with samsung devices with JB?
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    Have you gone to settings - apps and taped on it to empty the cache? You may also want to force it to close and restart your tab aftere cleaning the cache.

I would say there is probably another app in your system that is ultimately causing the problem but finding it may be impossible.
  3. mikee

mikee Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
    yes that is the second thing I have tried but I didn't restart after clearing the cache. I also deleted data as well . I will try clearing everything then restarting but I don't have high hopes that will do it for some reason

Edit : ok tried force stop and restart clear data clear cash restart uninstall updates and restart again still nothing.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. mikee

mikee Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
    So I figured out what happened with this. I guess there are different volume level settings for apps system sounds and music and the one that voice was on was music out the speakers which I had turned down so I basically could hear the sounds of google now but not the voice. I don't understand why they would put the level of voice in the same setting as music and not in the system sounds
  5. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    The important thing is that you figured out the problem and a work around.