No Voice in Google Now Bug

mikee

May 29, 2011
I just updated to jellybean last week and one thing I have noticed is that in google now if I search for something like the weather it usually speaks back the result. Today it has stopped speaking all together. I checked the google now settings and it is set to always speak yet I hear nothing except the sound it makes when you finish speaking. it did this a while ago too and since I was already having many problems after the upgrade I did a factory reset and it started speaking again until today. So far the only way I can get it working is to factory reset and i don't feel like doing this every couple of days for just a little feature.

Is this a bug with samsung devices with JB?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Have you gone to settings - apps and taped on it to empty the cache? You may also want to force it to close and restart your tab aftere cleaning the cache.

I would say there is probably another app in your system that is ultimately causing the problem but finding it may be impossible.

mikee

May 29, 2011
yes that is the second thing I have tried but I didn't restart after clearing the cache. I also deleted data as well . I will try clearing everything then restarting but I don't have high hopes that will do it for some reason

Edit : ok tried force stop and restart clear data clear cash restart uninstall updates and restart again still nothing.

Last edited:

mikee

May 29, 2011
So I figured out what happened with this. I guess there are different volume level settings for apps system sounds and music and the one that voice was on was music out the speakers which I had turned down so I basically could hear the sounds of google now but not the voice. I don't understand why they would put the level of voice in the same setting as music and not in the system sounds

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The important thing is that you figured out the problem and a work around.