No WiFi - No Solutions

L8kerKris10

Dec 29, 2011
OK, I've been all over this forum and can't find a fix for my problem with the WiFi. We had it set up on WiFi before, had some troubles downloading apps (found the fix for that here, but can't use it yet bcuz there's no WiFi!), then the WiFi turned off and won't come back on. It gives nge an error of "unable to scam for networks," so I manually put in my network info and it just doesn't do anything. Aside from opening the device and sodering the antenna, had anyone figured out how to fix this?!?! USELESS device with no WiFi :-(

aquatarkus

Dec 29, 2011
HI There having exactly the same issues, have tried loads of different roms etc always with the same problem wifi doesn't work. I don't want to take the thing apart and solder an aerial in place as my soldering isn't very good. Looking through the forums on other sites seems to be a common problem. Think i'll be sending mine back and get the one on ebuyer.co.uk Scroll Essential Tablet PC - Tablet PCs | Ebuyer.com

aquatarkus

Dec 29, 2011
Hi there just an update, have just tried a few more things and have now managed to get a successfull connection to my wifi. I was using the DLink DR615 wireless router that came with my virgin cable instalation, now this isn't a very good router have had numerous issues with it so I have just purchased a Netgear WNR2200 N300 wireless router from PC World (Special offer £29.99), reset all my network up and the 16 port netgear switch, made sure my home server was seeing all the clients etc and set everything up with fixed ip addresses. Then setup the wireless for the laptops and tablet set security as WPA2-PSK(AES) + WPA2 TKIP as i normally do, both my laptops and mobile phones joined the netwwork again with no problems but not the tablet just ddin't want to know.
Tried to set up the tablet with a fixed ip address still wouldn't play ball, kept saying couldn't scan for networks etc.
Then remembered that the new netgear router lets you set up a guest wireless network, (there are settings to let the guest account access the files on the main wireless network if needed). so i set wireless network up with a different SSID and Passphrase set the wireless security as WPA2 - AES.
Rebooted the tablet and let it scan for wireless networks, same errors as normal, added the wireless network manually and hit connect, low and behold it connected and has now stayed connected for the last 4 hours, Have restarted the tablet 4 times now and it picks up the new guest network every time and connects automaticallt to it. Have just spent the last hour downloading stuff from the google app store with no issues.
I'm wondering if all the wireless issues are to do with the security settings, have you tried setting your wireless network to no security (for a very short time) to see if you can get a stable connection. if you can get a stable connection with no security try setting security to WEP and see if will connect.
Hope this might be of some help
regards
Aquatarkus

L8kerKris10

Dec 29, 2011
Oh man, if that works I am going to give you a digital kiss!!! I am going straight home to try it! THANK YOU!

L8kerKris10

Dec 29, 2011
Sooooo, I went home and set up a guest network on my router. I tried WPA2, WEP, and unsecured...all to no avail. I was ready to send it back, so I grabbed the box and all its contents and took them to work with me and lo and behold, the 20 page "manual" had a helpline number on the back. I called and sat on hold for 20 minutes, but finally got a human on the line. He sent me a software update, so I am going to attempt that and I'll let you know shortly. Wish me luck!! If it works, I'll post the link.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

Magics_Italy

Dec 30, 2011
Hi,

how long are the wires inside to tablet ?
try of twist D+ with D-, and tell me here if run.

If not run i suggest you of exchange WIFI Module, if you want one you can contact me free.

Bye Bye

L8kerKris10

Dec 29, 2011
Oh, I am not brave enough to open it up yet. I am trying to find a solution without having to replacing the antenna or even opening the tablet up. I will try the update software first to see if this solves the Wi-Fi issue. Stay tuned...

L8kerKris10

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry I didn't provide an update. I got the files onto my SD card and the tablet was supposed to automatically run the update program, but it didn't happen automatically (I put the SD card in when the device was off and turned it on, which is when the update is supposed to start). I called again yesterday because I can see the files on the card when it's in the device, but didn't know how to run them. They offered me a replacement, so I'm going that route. I hope I just had a bunk device.

The website for my model is www.************ and you can choose your model and upload the files on to your SD card. The directions are pretty easy. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

Keegan

Jan 2, 2012
ok everyone here is what I need to know, were your bars for network and wiFi full? I asked this because my bars are full and I am still unable to open the browser. It says Wed page could not be found or something to that affect. Is there something I need to do or configure to have this work?

L8kerKris10

Dec 29, 2011
With mine, I couldn't even get to my network, so I can't help you. I kept getting error message, "unable to scan for networks," and when I put in the network manually, nothing happened. After putting the update software on my SD card and having the device NOT run it automatically, I got the error message "Error," and was no longer able to even scan for networks.

Keegan

Jan 2, 2012
I got an answer for my problems from another thread and I am very happy now because the answer was steering me right in the face.
Thanks to everyone who chipped in to help, but cal67 got me thinking. So I took my Tablet to the local Donut Shop where their WiFi was up and running and what do you know. I was able to browse the web and use the pnone that's built into the Tablet, everything is working fine. cal67, You mentioned the router and its security and when I thought about it I said to myself all the bars are full for WiFi and network connection so it must be the router. This is a very good Tablet works fine and all is well with the world.

Thanks again to all of you

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Thanks to Keegan for updating us on what worked. It is important to the success of a forum like this that people who find something that works explain what they did and how / why it worked.

FYI for a question earlier in the thread - there are no wires on the antennae for the wireless on my tablet. It's just the little circuit board. I think that's one reason why the tablet doesn't have the greatest range. There is another thread on the board showing how someone opened up their tablet and added wires to help with wireless range and connectivity.