Not Enough Bandwidth?

Jon82

Jan 18, 2017
Some days streaming works great; other days are full of buffering and stops.

On days with buffering and stops, I often get pop-ups stating ".. your device doesn't have enough bandwidth..". My device seems to have enough bandwidth most days when streaming works fine.

So I'm asking: when they say " your device", are they talking about my tablet or my Wi-Fi router?

I highly suspect they are referring to my router because, using the same tablet, I experience no streaming problems some days and heavy problems other days.

I probably answered my own question.. just not sure. :rolleyes:

pc57

Feb 2, 2017
Some days streaming works great; other days are full of buffering and stops.

On days with buffering and stops, I often get pop-ups stating ".. your device doesn't have enough bandwidth..". My device seems to have enough bandwidth most days when streaming works fine.

So I'm asking: when they say " your device", are they talking about my tablet or my Wi-Fi router?

I highly suspect they are referring to my router because, using the same tablet, I experience no streaming problems some days and heavy problems other days.

I probably answered my own question.. just not sure. :rolleyes:
The bandwidth bottleneck is your internet connection. Your wireless router and environment can also adversely affect your tablets connection. I rely on the 5Ghz (a/n/ac) band very heavily until the last couple of years I'd have the only SSID in the The band where there were 17+ in the common 2.4Ghz (b/g/n) band. There are now a few others in the The band still less crowded that the 24+ in the lower band. Reporters that purport to reach 600Mbps in the 2.4 Ghz band is a pipe dream where 24+ SSID's crowd and overlap.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T817P)

Jon82

Jan 18, 2017
Thank you, pc57.

I'm in an apartment building and have no idea which band we're using - there are approximately 10-12 users.

Sounds like our ISP is reducing our bandwidth - on top of a separate connection issue.

Nice to know my tablet isn't the problem.

pc57

Feb 2, 2017
Thank you, pc57.

I'm in an apartment building and have no idea which band we're using - there are approximately 10-12 users.

Sounds like our ISP is reducing our bandwidth - on top of a separate connection issue.

Nice to know my tablet isn't the problem.
Download an app like "WiFi Overview 360" it will tell you a lot of things about your Wi-Fi environment that can help you make better choices.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T817P)

Jon82

Jan 18, 2017
Thank you. I downloaded the WiFi 360 free Google Play stripped down version. I'm in the 2.4Ghz band on the strongest of eleven channels - no 5.0Ghz available. Nice looking app.