Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeni

Jan 23, 2011
i'm like following this thread eversince, and if the customer support already saids that an app will be lost if we'd update to 2.2, then there sure must be an update right?

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Trying to figure out what XL is
Googling XL Axiata is a Indonesian GSM network operator or reseller

So I guess XL Go is some local customization and it has been developed for 2.1 it will almost certainly work on 2.2.

Pete

gentho

Apr 6, 2011
just get second email from Huawei indonesia...they already have froyo update for ideos S7...i already contacted the nearest service center to confirm the update..and they said yes..i will definitely will go to the service center and upgrade it...yihaaaa...i am the first to update tommorow...
Dengan hormat,

Kami ingin mengucapkan terima kasih yang sebesar-besarnya atas kepercayaan Bapak yang telah menggunakan produk dari Huawei Device, yaitu Huawei IDEOS S7.

Sesuai yang pernah kami sampaikan mengenai kesediaan OS Froyo untuk Huawei IDEOS S7, mohon kesediaan Bapak untuk dapat mendatangi Service Center Huawei, ITC Roxy Mas Lt.2 no.22, no telpon : , dimana Tim Service Center kami sudah siap untuk melakukan upgrade Huawei IDEOS S7 Anda ke Froyo OS. Serta perlu diketahui kalau proses upgrade ini tidak dikenakan biaya.

Atas perhatian, kerjasama dan pengertiannya kami ucapkan terima kasih.

Salam,
Admin

english version
Sincerely,

We want to thank you as much as possible for your trust to using products from Huawei Device, namely Huawei IDEOS S7.

As we promised before about the upgrade of the OS Froyo for Huawei IDEOS S7, please come to Huawei Service Center, ITC Roxy Mas Lt.2 No.22, telephone number: , where our Service Center team is ready to perform upgrade for your Huawei IDEOS S7 to Froyo OS. You also need to know that the upgrade is free.

thank you for attention, cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Admin

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
just get second email from Huawei indonesia...they already have froyo update for ideos S7...i already contacted the nearest service center to confirm the update..and they said yes..i will definitely will go to the service center and upgrade it...yihaaaa...i am the first to update tommorow...

english version

which service center did you call?

i tried to call service center at roxy mas since yesterday but nobody pick up the phone.

gentho

Apr 6, 2011
I contacted huawei service center in Hi Tech Mall Surabaya...and they said they already get the file for froyo...the service centre also said that XL go and Xl Baca will not included in Froyo update.....They said if I go to there tomorrow, my S7 will be the first to be upgraded.....yihaaaa

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
oo surabaya toh?
i dont really care about xl baca and xl go, it is already uninstalled since i root my S7.

damn, surabaya service center seems better then jakarta.

member android-indonesia juga ga bro?

gentho

Apr 6, 2011
iyo bro...member juga...

I also rooted my S7...but because I will upgrade my device...I unroot again...xixixi

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Are you guys serious? What version of the S7 does Indonesia have?

Wonder if it works on our variants too, and if you can actually get a copy of the update to 'share'...

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i can not confirm by myself, but there are 2 guys (including gentho) in indonesian forum that confirm updates already available in service center.

our device 103, with front/rear camera, int/ext sd card, resistive ts.

i would like to get copy too (too far to go to service center)

hope gentho can get update and the file too tomorrow.

gentho

Apr 6, 2011
I am very serious....I get an official email from Huawei Device Indonesia...I called Service Center to confirm it...its already official..Ideos S7 froyo update is ready..
I will upgrade it tomorrow...and will try to get a copy of file if i can (but not sure if they will release it)..
Will confirm again here after I finish upgrade my S7..;);)

gentho

Apr 6, 2011
Perhaps...indonesia get froyo update because i believe S7 slim will not enter indonesian market this year...(S7 only enter indonesia market in february this year) just my 2cent opinion..
will try to get screenshoot of froyo system tomorrow to proved that I already upgrade my S7..

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I know I will have to unroot the tablet before the upgrade but what about the partition changes to the internal sd. Do I need to remove the second partition and unroot to do the OTA upgrade when it becomes available? Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

megoelmasry

Feb 13, 2011
wow its great news for use
so can any one after update 2 froyo just take for use copy or i think if will take zip back up mybe will work for our s7

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Sweeeeeeeeet, awesome news. So how or where can we get ours updated?

Sent from my Ideos S7

Status
Not open for further replies.