Official Acer Brand Case

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Got my official ACER case for the Iconia A500 tablet.
I got mine from Amazon.

Bad: This is a minimalist case. Very thin, very lite weight. Has some irritating ridges sticking out all around (see below). Difficult to get on, difficult to get off. Makes cleaning the glass harder.

Good: Holes are all in the right places, does not interfere with the mic (improves it a bit if you ask me), it will stand up or lay at an angle, and not slip off your lap. Pretty good edge protection, because of those ridges.

Seriously folks, there has to be better cases than this out there somewhere.

Pictures stolen from Amazon

71pjjMVkq%2BL._AA1500_.jpg

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
If it were $20 instead of twice that, it would be fine. It protects against scratches just fine. Certainly don't need anymore weight.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If it were $20 instead of twice that, it would be fine. It protects against scratches just fine. Certainly don't need anymore weight.

Exactly my thoughts. This is an excellent $19.95 case.

Lilphish

Jun 8, 2011
I'm brand new to this site and haven't even taken the A500 out of the box yet. I just wanted you to know that the case in this thread is $20 at Walmart. I just came home with it.

achebee4you

Jun 4, 2011
It comes for free when you buy the iconia at costco plus hdmi cord

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Boy....do I feel ripped off. This case first showed up at $20......then it jumped to $40......now it is back at $20 and also showing up in bundles for a lot less. I'm beinging to not be happy with Acer.

hawkeye680

Jun 7, 2011
I'm brand new to this site and haven't even taken the A500 out of the box yet. I just wanted you to know that the case in this thread is $20 at Walmart. I just came home with it.

Weird, I just looked Tuesday at my local Walmart and they were still 39.99. If it is really down to 20 I will go ahead and get one. But not for 40 like I did with my iPad. This is pretty much a copy of the iPad 1 case right?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Boy....do I feel ripped off. This case first showed up at $20......then it jumped to $40......now it is back at $20 and also showing up in bundles for a lot less. I'm beinging to not be happy with Acer.

Why are you unhappy with Acer?

Are you unhappy because they didn't hold their tablet off the market till they made enough cases to meet overwhelming demand?
Are you unhappy because the Iconia has out sold all other 10 inch tabs and Acer concentrated on delivering tablets instead of cases?
Are you unhappy because merchants grabbed hundreds of thousands of these an tried to make money on a scarce product?

I don't see how any of this is Acer's fault.
Go ahead and try to tell Walmart what price they have to set some time. See how that works out for you.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Why are you unhappy with Acer?

Are you unhappy because they didn't hold their tablet off the market till they made enough cases to meet overwhelming demand?
Are you unhappy because the Iconia has out sold all other 10 inch tabs and Acer concentrated on delivering tablets instead of cases?
Are you unhappy because merchants grabbed hundreds of thousands of these an tried to make money on a scarce product?

I don't see how any of this is Acer's fault.
Go ahead and try to tell Walmart what price they have to set some time. See how that works out for you.

I told you exactly why I am being to be unhappy on the post you replied to, but you choose to ignore that and invent some new stuff.

The case was selling for $20...then it jumps to $40...and now it is selling for $20 again....yes, I do expect Acer to offer reasonable prices and then stick with them. Apple does that. Try to find any of their stuff that differs in price by more than $1. And most places sell the Acer for the typical $450 that we all expect to pay. Have you seen the 16GB model selling for less outside of a bundle?

Coming out with bundles is another thing...as well as new models. But I have barely had thing thing a month...and the case for even less. Sell me a case for twice what it is worth and I will not be happy with you if you then lower its price to what it should have been (and was). Oh...and the case was never scarce.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I told you exactly why I am being to be unhappy on the post you replied to, but you choose to ignore that and invent some new stuff.

The case was selling for $20...then it jumps to $40...and now it is selling for $20 again....yes, I do expect Acer to offer reasonable prices and then stick with them. Apple does that.

You didn't buy that case from Acer.
You bought it from a retailer. Retailers set their own prices.
What part of that is hard for you to understand?

If you want to hold up Apple as the pinnacle of marketing fairness then what are you doing HERE?
Go buy you iPad and be happy with your lock-down, and your single source, and their under-performing
over priced hardware.
Most of us are happy to be free of Apple and their price gouging hand-cuffs.

Oh, and the case was non-existent for the first month of the Iconia availability, which by definition is scarce.

Last edited:

robdroid

May 4, 2011
It's still selling for $39.99 at walmart online:
Walmart.com: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Protective Case: Computers
Can't imagine it being cheaper at any local Walmart (unless they ordered 500 of them by mistake) or it's a returned item on an "open box" discount.

I'm also a bit miffed at Acer for not being forthcoming on the different versions (Costco model- 16GB additional memory, included Acer case, included HDMI cable) of the A500 that were certainly in the distribution pipeline when the first 16GB A500 was released in the US.
For and additional $40 I certainly would have gone for the Costco A500 model :mad:

Other than that- I still think the A500 has the best hardware features of the current crop of 10" Android tabs.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
You didn't buy that case from Acer.
You bought it from a retailer. Retailers set their own prices.

If you want to hold up Apple as the pinnacle of marketing fairness then what are you doing HERE?
Go buy you iPad and be happy with your lock-down, and your single source, and their under-performing
over priced hardware.
Most of us are happy to be free of Apple and their price gouging hand-cuffs.

Oh, and the case was non-existent for the first month of the Iconia availability, which by definition is scarce.

Dude....what is your problem? I didn't by the Iconia from Acer either, but its price is the same everywhere. Why don't retailers sell the Tab at different prices? Competition is a wonderful thing....
The reason is Acer is grossly inflating the retail price of the case...giving retailers room to profit or not...

I'm here because I own an Acer Iconia Tab. I happen to own an iPad 2. You got a problem with that, too?

That case hasn't been scarce since I got my Acer. It's barely been 3 weeks and the price has been up and down since. People were getting refunds from Staples when I joined this site because it was being offered at $40 when the Acer price was $20. Then, not even days later, the Acer price jumped to $40. Even Amazon was selling it at that price, then. Worse yet, the case is indeed overprice, as I believe you yourself noted in another post.

Why are you acting like Acer is without flaw and perfect? They are not, just as Apple isn't or Asus. Get over yourself.

Lilphish

Jun 8, 2011
It's still selling for $39.99 at walmart online:
Walmart.com: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Protective Case: Computers
Can't imagine it being cheaper at any local Walmart (unless they ordered 500 of them by mistake) or it's a returned item on an "open box" discount.

I'm also a bit miffed at Acer for not being forthcoming on the different versions (Costco model- 16GB additional memory, included Acer case, included HDMI cable) of the A500 that were certainly in the distribution pipeline when the first 16GB A500 was released in the US.
For and additional $40 I certainly would have gone for the Costco A500 model :mad:

Other than that- I still think the A500 has the best hardware features of the current crop of 10" Android tabs.

Keep in mind that walmart.com is not the same as the retail store in terms of pricing. I can confirm that the walmart by me is selling them for $20. It wouldn't hurt to go there and have them scan it.

dhornick

May 12, 2011
Lol @ this argument between someone venting their frustration and another just arguing for the sake of trying to sound economically savy.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Not that it matters to those of us who already have one, but if you do a good internet search you'll find that the A500 is starting to go on sale at a few places (saw it for $410 yesterday.) And for the record, I was told that Acer raised their case prices on their site because they were competing with the retailers who they gave exclusives to.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum