Official Acer Brand Case

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Oh, and the early press releases and reviews said that there would eventually be four versions: 16GB Wifi and 3g, and 32GB Wifi and 3g.
And honestly, if you had known would you have waited?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Oh, and the early press releases and reviews said that there would eventually be four versions: 16GB Wifi and 3g, and 32GB Wifi and 3g.
And honestly, if you had known would you have waited?

I bought my A500 on May 7th- maybe I would have waited for the 32GB version if they had said "32GB version with included Acer case and HDMI cable will be available at Costco by June 1st".

On the other hand- nowadays press releases aren't worth the bandwidth they take to read em. How many times have you read a press release and the item is still vaporware months later and eventually never ever materialized at all?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I bought my A500 on May 7th- maybe I would have waited for the 32GB version if they had said "32GB version with included Acer case and HDMI cable will be available at Costco by June 1st".

On the other hand- nowadays press releases aren't worth the bandwidth they take to read em. How many times have you read a press release and the item is still vaporware months later and eventually never ever materialized at all?

I'm sure I would have waited.....if it were within a month or two.....I doubt I would have waited 6 months, though.

Also, I frankly think that all tablets ought to come with a minimal case to protect against scratches and light dings (not drops), which are all too easy to get. It's why I broke down and bought the Acer case.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
The funny thing is, in some countries it comes with a protective sleeve, as evidenced by a few unboxing videos.
I don't think that many people would have waited. After all, quite a few of us bought this because the Transformer wasn't available - and we KNEW the Toshiba, Samsungs and even the Transformer were coming out in June.

dhornick

May 12, 2011
The funny thing is, in some countries it comes with a protective sleeve, as evidenced by a few unboxing videos.
I don't think that many people would have waited. After all, quite a few of us bought this because the Transformer wasn't available - and we KNEW the Toshiba, Samsungs and even the Transformer were coming out in June.

my thoughts exactly!

robdroid

May 4, 2011
OK ladies maybe these six leather cases under $35 will help.
They are taking pre-orders for early July.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...500+case&ajr=0
Thanks Scott...
This one looks very nice for $25: Amazon.com: rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi: Electronics
Seems much more sturdy than the $40 POS Acer sleeve that has everyone so angry.
Other than being flimsy- my A500 is constantly sliding down in the Acer sleeve.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
OK ladies maybe these six leather cases under $35 will help.
They are taking pre-orders for early July.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...500+case&ajr=0

I have emailed the company and asked about openings for all bits and pieces (including the SD card slot) ... and have received NO feedback from the Seller. The Seller has an excellent rating, so maybe they just don't know the answer yet ... but it's been a week now.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Dude....what is your problem? I didn't by the Iconia from Acer either, but its price is the same everywhere. Why don't retailers sell the Tab at different prices? Competition is a wonderful thing....
The reason is Acer is grossly inflating the retail price of the case...giving retailers room to profit or not...
What part of that is hard for you to understand?

That case hasn't been scarce since I got my Acer. It's barely been 3 weeks and the price has been up and down since. People were getting refunds from Staples when I joined this site because it was being offered at $40 when the Acer price was $20. Then, not even days later, the Acer price jumped to $40. Even Amazon was selling it at that price, then. Worse yet, the case is indeed overprice, as I believe you yourself noted in another post.

Why are you acting like Acer is without flaw and perfect? They are not, just as Apple isn't or Asus. Get over yourself.
Acer cannot force Retailers to sell for more or less. Free trade! May be one should read the law on retail!

Even Apple, if I decided that I was going to undersell other retailers and Apple, what are they going to do about it. Besides I think you got a little confused because there are actually two different cases both for the Iconia. One is worth $20-00 and the other is worth $40-00. The one pictured by Icebike, and he is right, is worth $40-00. The other not pictured in this thread is worth $20-00 but I have no photo to show you. I'll see if I can get you a photo just to show you that the $20-00 case is also an ACER sanctioned product. So just may be you were looking at the wrong case because the name on both cases are exactly the same. Why buy ACER if you are so happy with your APPLE IPAD2?

Last edited:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I bought this case from Amazon Amazon.com: VERTEKS (TM) Acer Iconia Tab A500 A501 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Multi-Angle Leather Folio Case Cover (NOT Compatible with Acer Iconia Tab W500) (Black): Electronics for $9.98. I think it is far better than the OEM case and better than any case I have seen yet. The Iconia slips in and out very easily and is secured by a Velcro flap that folds in under the tablet. As for the tilt stand, it locks into infinite positions by the use of small Velcro strips. I do not like the tilt stands that have the fold out tab on the outside of the case like the OEM case. This case has no outer extrusions. It remains flat on both sides. The cover stays closed by magnets like a cell phone case.