Onda V801D Not charging while Switched on! Plz Help

pandian

Dec 11, 2012
Hello,

My Onda V801D is NOT charging while switched on. However when it is shut down, the battery is charging. I tried with the AC charger. Please help.yi

Thanks
Pandian

pandian

Dec 11, 2012
Hi, sounds like a problem with the usb mode switch driver, which firmware are you running?

I don't have the device with me now to confirm the exact firmware details. However, I know that I am not running the latest V2.0 available in Onda website. You think flashing the latest firmware will solve the problem?

Thanks
Pandian

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I don't have the device with me now to confirm the exact firmware details. However, I know that I am not running the latest V2.0 available in Onda website. You think flashing the latest firmware will solve the problem?

Thanks
Pandian

I think trying a new firmware install, be it 1.5.5 or 2.0 should solve it, if it wont then its a hardware fault.

pandian

Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for the prompt reply iiDiaboulsZz. I just upgraded to the new firmware (2.0) in my V801D. Still it is not charging when the tablet is switched on. Infact, now, even when switched off , it is not charging to full capacity. Earlier it used to get fully charged (from 0 to 100%) in about 3.5 hours. Now even after 8 hours charged only till 50%. Am I looking at a big h/w or battery issue? Any pointers will help. Thanks

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the prompt reply iiDiaboulsZz. I just upgraded to the new firmware (2.0) in my V801D. Still it is not charging when the tablet is switched on. Infact, now, even when switched off , it is not charging to full capacity. Earlier it used to get fully charged (from 0 to 100%) in about 3.5 hours. Now even after 8 hours charged only till 50%. Am I looking at a big h/w or battery issue? Any pointers will help. Thanks

Sounds like a bad battery, i would be speaking to whoever you purchased it from.