Onda V811 Won't Load Past White Android Symbol

Debebjo

Sep 24, 2012
Hi all,

I have a onda v811 and it has worked fine for the first few days. But now when I turn it on rather than having the usual boot screen a white android icon comes up and will stay on. The battery is fully charged and I have tried the reset button. Is there another way to return this tablet to factory settings? Maybe some key combination of power and home button?

I believe it has the same buttons as the v711.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sopper

May 23, 2012
When the tablet is turned off, keep home button pressed.
Now turn on tablet while still holding the home button.
When white android figure appears, release both buttons.
You will get into recovery mode, you can select "restore factory settings" there.

If that fails, try flashing new firmware.

Debebjo

Sep 24, 2012
sopper

I tried the reset with no luck.

Do you have a link on how to flash new firmware?

Thanks

Sopper

May 23, 2012
sopper

I tried the reset with no luck.

Do you have a link on how to flash new firmware?

Thanks

Download the right firmware here: ONDA

Extract the content to the root of your sd card (since you cannot use your tablet, i suggest using a cardreader + pc or another tablet? or try to hook your tablet to the pc and hope it recognizes it)

There should be 5-6 files now on your SD card.

Turn on tablet while holding home button, untill white android figure appears then release.
It should update your firmware now...

astleviz

Oct 4, 2012
Hi

I have a similar problem with my onda v712. However my tab won't go into recovery/update mode after pressing home and power button so I am unable to reflash. I copied the 5 firmware files to the root of a formatted card and inserted the card after switching off the tablet. When I press home and power buttons for a while, the white android bot appears. I release the buttons when the white bot appears but nothing happens beyond that even after 30 minutes. What should I do?

Debebjo

Sep 24, 2012
I got mine to work I flashed the latest firmware. It works most of the time but still freezes time to time. Does everyone have these problems or are there some that work fine out of the box.

AM
astleviz

When you try your reset try this. Hold the home button down then press the power button while holding the home button. Keep holding the home button and it should go into recovery mode.

JD

skyso

Jan 23, 2013
Hi

I have a similar problem with my onda v712. However my tab won't go into recovery/update mode after pressing home and power button so I am unable to reflash. I copied the 5 firmware files to the root of a formatted card and inserted the card after switching off the tablet. When I press home and power buttons for a while, the white android bot appears. I release the buttons when the white bot appears but nothing happens beyond that even after 30 minutes. What should I do?

Hello folks,

I have the same issue. After 7 days of using the Onda V711 tablet, during charging tablet starts to show black screen with white android icon. After hard reset while booting the android will stuck at white android icon.
Home button with power button didnt get me in to the recovery mode. I am not able to do anything.

Any suggestions?

skyso

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hello folks,

I have the same issue. After 7 days of using the Onda V711 tablet, during charging tablet starts to show black screen with white android icon. After hard reset while booting the android will stuck at white android icon.
Home button with power button didnt get me in to the recovery mode. I am not able to do anything.

Any suggestions?

skyso

You will need to get the 1.5.5 firmware as it flashed using the USB program, the link is below, once downloaded open the zip file and drag the usb program folder to your desktop then drag the resource zip file in to the usb program folder on desktop then run the usb program, you an change the language in top left corner, connect your tablet and hold home and power keys until the program picks it up then in the config tab choose install upgrade and select the resource zip and start the flash.

ONDA °º´ïµç×Ó

laks98

Apr 20, 2013
My V811 was working fine for several months, until it stopped booting up. I had left it for charging overnight. Now I see that i am not able to boot the device up. When I press the Power button, I get the White Android Symbol for a few seconds and everythings goes off. I have tried getting into recovery mode by pressing Home Button & Power Button, again response is same. No recovery screen.

Also, when I connect to the Charger / PC, i get the full power charged symbol.

I am just not able to get past this stage. Has anybody faced this problem and any tips on unbricking the device.

PS: I had downloaded the latest firmware from Onda site and upgraded the device.

umar_fiaz

Jul 8, 2012
Try this
I found this method fully working
icon3.png
Unbrick ONDA V811 (100% working)

Hi,
i also faced this problem, when v7 was out & my tab was useless...
NO wifi, No proximate sensor... :(
i tried many methods but can't recover from that.. Same thing again happens when v8 was out... but now i know the way to recover from it... the all problem is because of flashing wrong "Kernel"
ADB or recovery wont help...
even the V811 not detecting in "M3 devices" or "world cup device mode"

"The Device is HARD Bricked"

I searched every where but there is no solution for fix.... then i tried hardware trick to recover from Hard Brick

100% working

first thing to do is disassemble your tab.. here ho to do this

*you don't have to disassemble the LCD or touch Panel
Just open up the tab

then you have to locate flash memory chip

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 878x640.
10766d1367479026-flashed-wrong-firmware-v811-v8-v811-v1-mem.jpg

At this point you should have the device plugged in and the AML software open. Have the Windows Device Manager open in another visible window and you should also be able to see if there is a Device change in the AML command prompt looking screen.

On the left side of the chip there are a series of pins.

10767d1367479394-flashed-wrong-firmware-v811-v8-v811-v1-pins.jpg

Using metal object, bridge those two pins by creating a connection between them.

press and hold the Power and home buttons

The device may show up in the Device Manager as an M3/M6 chip at this point and as connected to a port in the AML software. You can remove the metal object and Flash the device with compatible firmware.

if not work, cut the battery red wire and do the above steps
when flash complete disconnect the TABLET and reconnect the red wire.

Enjoy your TABLET fully working..

Happy Unbricking

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rong-firmware-v811-v8-v811-v1.html#post283018

Last edited by a moderator: