Onda V812 unbricking puzzle

Griggsy

May 8, 2013
Like someone else with a different model recently, I screwed up big time trying to flash a custom firmware for my brand new v812. (Seemed unresponsive during PhoenixSuit use, so I unplugged the cable. Baaaad move.) It's hard bricked at this point. No life at all. Although my laptop sees it as an unrecognized device at least. Pretty sad here because 1) I love this tablet and 2) we bought it for our kids to use for school, and if I can't fix it, we can't afford another. Is there anything I can do to revive it?

emrangrf

May 11, 2013
looks someone is facing my problem, i bought V811 one week before for my kids, and for some reason i bricked it (there is Soft Brick, Hard Brick, and the worst one is deep Brick), and for me, i deep-bricked my Onda V811, so, mine was completely dead, even when connect to my laptop cant be recognized at all, so, after many reading and googling i did the following:
1-) managed to open it, following umar_fiaz's
contribution on this thread "http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...3-flashed-wrong-firmware-v811-v8-v811-v1.html"
2-) following the instruction there, which state that you have to find (1) the flash memory and exactly Flash1 (this was the easy part), (2) bridge (shorten) two pins together and while that pressing the Home and Power button all at the same time (this was the hard job) cause you need to locate the desired two pins which called TF-boot pins, anyhow, after searching alot and downloading the datasheet for some NAND Flash Memory i couldnt found what i need cause even my NAND flash memory (29F64G08CBABA) datasheet is still unavailable for public as i contacted the Micron company (The documentation you have requested is under NDA for competitive reasons), so, i have to figure it out by myself, and thanks God that i managed to find it as attached photo
$2.JPG
then my laptop managed to recognized it as M3 device then World Cup..... after that i used AML update tools and flashed it successfully (you can download the Firmware with AML tools and windows drivers from this website "http://www.onda.cn")

hope this info can help, and please keep us updated...

wish you good luck, i know how you feel towered your kids...