Other Minor Brands Still!! We Need a Promotion!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Le Pan tablets are listed here under "Other minor tablet brands". There far more posts and threads for Le Pan than many of the so called "popular" models. (In major part to Yann2's cm7 threads).

What does it take to be considered "popular". Come on give us some respect here. Le Pan now has 3 models with a 4th coming very soon.
The new Le Pan S is an outstanding tablet. It may be a bit boring on the boards because it has no issues and is very easy to use. I've had one for about 2 weeks and there really is nothing to fix!

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
LOL, you are going for a Status Upgrade? :)

Cool. Just looked at the next tier up, and that's Top Minor Android Tablet Brands

Some heavy weight players on that Forum list (Lenovo, Amazon, B&N Nook, etc), but maybe there's a smallish one we can ask for a Trade Up with?

Maybe ZTE Tablets? There's only a few threads, e have more, and the Le Pan brand as you mentioned is up and coming.

Now, Matsunichi owes me some Brownie Points. :p

I think something like this would depend on the Admins, either they see this thread, or one of the Mods sees and tells them about it. :)

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I just needed to rant about something today. Seemed like a worthy campaign.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think something like this would depend on the Admins, either they see this thread, or one of the Mods sees and tells them about it. :)

No worries there yann2, we pretty much see everything going on out here.:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the classifications are based on things like worldwide annual sales figures AKA revenue and things like that.

Definitely, not on how many threads and or posts we receive on the forum regarding the tablets. If that were the case, the worst tablets you can buy would be at the top of the heap. What do you see when you look around? Locked up, bricked, won't run this or that software, arrived broken, broke the first day, won't take a charge, battery only lasts an hour or two, menus and manual etc. in a foreign language, won't update, can't install apps, no manual, etc etc. You don't see a lot of posts and threads dedicated to folks telling people how great their tablet is.:)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Good points Spider. The Le Pan S forum over at Lepanlife is very quiet. I've had one for about two weeks and there is really nothing to ***** about or fix. The LP1 and LP2 were hotbeds of workarounds to get things working properly. Frustrating for users but it has made for a pretty strong community around the brand.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I will check into it further with the folks who make those decisions. Unfortunately they're smarter than to spend a nice sunny Sunday afternoon with us here, so it may take a while. If I find out anything exciting, I'll get back to you here.:cool:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks, Spider. :)

Yeah, I made a point of going out and ride the bike a bit before sunset, enjoying the nice weather after the rain for last few days. Manage 30 Km, or almost 20 miles; just left too late for more riding, I usually go farther.

Now, back for some more computer action, until I start getting exhausted, and tomorrow is Monday, work day. :)

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
They were based on the brand name mainly. Not anything to do with sales or popularity, but how well the manufacturers were known.

Thanks for your reply, that makes sense.

However, I will be John's counsel for this :p, and inquire - if the manufacturer was new to the North American market, like Matsunichi, the producer of the Le Pan (and now MarquisPad) brands, their name wouldn't be widely known.

Since they started selling their first model, the TC970, Le Pan 1 tablet last July 2011, they have got product placement in some major Retail operations :

- Amazon, both US and Canada.
- Walmart in the USA.
- Best Buy, TigerDirect, MicroWarehouse, etc.

John might mention the recent blitz on the HSN TV shopping network, and the claimed sell out of their ''6,000 units stock''. (pretty hefty, but...) :)

I have a bit of a Love and Hate relationship with the company; while I love the build quality and specially the IPS lcd panels used on their tablets so far (same as Apple iPad 1 and 2 models), I am annoyed at their continued refusal to release the GPL'ed source code for the kernel and drivers, which we need to move ahead to better Android versions.

I got to admit they are a good choice for the average user, so maybe you could look at the Forum placement sometime in the future. maybe move up one rung?

(now, they will owe me, if it happens. :p)

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@ yann2,

Bumping Le Pan up a notch wouldn't be that hard to do, however I also have to consider the following:

1.) All bookmarks to posts and threads that people, myself included, have made to threads they might want to reference later would result in 404's. (Page Not Found):(

2.) Any links to threads in Le Pan from threads anywhere on the forum, including Le Pan, would also result in 404's.:(

3.) Anyone who's subscribed to any threads in Le Pan will never be notified of any activity on those threads.:(

4.) All complaints I and the Moderators receive regarding the above will be forwarded to yann2, so he can explain that He's the reason nothing works any more.:p

Do you really think it's worth it?

[SIZE=+2]Romeo and Juliet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Act II. Scene II.[/SIZE]

William Shakespeare [SIZE=-1](1564–1616)[/SIZE]
What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Greetz, ainol tablets are vastly superior to le pan in my opinon and they are also on sites like amazon however they are in forigen tablets and they out perform many "name" brands ;)

However they are listed this way for a reason, main name stream items and so on, I own a tc970 too so I'm far from biased here.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
@ yann2,
...4.) All complaints I and the Moderators receive regarding the above will be forwarded to yann2, so he can explain that He's the reason nothing works any more.:p

Do you really think it's worth it?

OMG, that's some serious breaking of links, wasn't aware that would happen. :(

No, we rest our case, thank you, Spider. :) :D

Just looked at the thread URLs, and indeed they are different. In another forum, we move things around all the time, but they also just have a ThreadID number (someplace.in.the.net/showthread.php?tid=1436), not a specific path like this one :

Code:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/le-pan-tablets/48203-other-minor-brands-still-we-need-promotion-2.html

Thanks for the reply, and the nice Shakespeare quote. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
In another forum, we move things around all the time

I don't think a day goes by that I don't move threads around without a problem. ( For some reason, new members seem determined to turn Intro into another Q&A, and I'm just as determined not to let it happen.:rolleyes: ) At that level, a forwarding link is left behind so that any reference to the original thread automatically takes you to the new location even if the thread is renamed when it's moved. Renaming and/or moving an entire forum gets a little more exciting.:cool: