Painfully slow typing in dialogue boxes, anyone?

Jan 4, 2011
Hey folks.

I've been sifting through this forum but i haven't found a thread that addressed this, only a few mentions. if there is and you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction please do.

I have the A500, i love it, but man, typing SUCKS on it. This seems to be only in forum board dialogue boxes, facebook boxes, etc. I type, and i get several seconds before the character appears in the box. I have tried using the stock keyboard, tablet keyboard, and a few others to see if that was the issue it does not seem to be the case

Typing in any other app seems to go nice and quick. The symptoms only manifest in forum board dialogue boxes, and seeing as how big of a forum junkie i am, this is quite an issue. Ill be 3-5 words beyond what is showing on the screen, to fix a typo takes forever to re position and make the adjustment. it is completely killing the tablet experience for me. :(

I have the honeycomb 3.1, and one update since then. im at work or i would post the firmware version.

Has anybody else run into this issue?

the tablet has not been rooted or tampered with in any way. (never got around to it)

Does your tablet have this problem? I can try a system reset, but i would rather not if i can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 29, 2011
Hey folks.

I've been sifting through this forum but i haven't found a thread that addressed this, only a few mentions. if there is and you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction please do.

I have the A500, i love it, but man, typing SUCKS on it. This seems to be only in forum board dialogue boxes, facebook boxes, etc. I type, and i get several seconds before the character appears in the box. I have tried using the stock keyboard, tablet keyboard, and a few others to see if that was the issue it does not seem to be the case

Typing in any other app seems to go nice and quick. The symptoms only manifest in forum board dialogue boxes, and seeing as how big of a forum junkie i am, this is quite an issue. Ill be 3-5 words beyond what is showing on the screen, to fix a typo takes forever to re position and make the adjustment. it is completely killing the tablet experience for me. :(

I have the honeycomb 3.1, and one update since then. im at work or i would post the firmware version.

Has anybody else run into this issue?

the tablet has not been rooted or tampered with in any way. (never got around to it)

Does your tablet have this problem? I can try a system reset, but i would rather not if i can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.

The 2 fastest browsers for me have been Dolphin Tablet beta and Opera Mobile on my Galaxy 10.1. The stock browser is SLOW to type on .
If you are a forum junkie like me Tapatalk is definitely worth a look. It combines all your forums into 1 nice, neat , easy to use app . I don't know how I ever forum surfed from my devices without it.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Jan 4, 2011
Holy crap. Just got dolphin browser. the typing speed difference is like night and day

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Part of the problem is the lame forum software used on this site. Its made for windows.
In your settings (top right of this page), go to General settings (on left) then scroll to bottom and select "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls".

That helps quite a bit.

As for Dolphin, remember it is a thin wrapper around the standard browser, so by definition it can't be faster. It uses the same browser engine.

Any difference in perceived performance is simply a matter of the settings you have set in the standard browser. Get those matching Dolphin and its about the same speed. Some will even claim that dolphin shows Flash videos faster. Since all flash is handled by Adobe Flash player, you know this can't be true, but people are very susceptible to the "Grass is greener" symptom.

One of the browsers with a totally different engine might help, such as Opera, or any that have their own engine.
But Dolphin does not. Its using the same browser engine as the stock browser.

Jun 29, 2011
Settings already there on this and other forums.
I'll just keep on imagining Dolphin Tab beta is faster than the stock. Opera has it's own set of issues on forums for me which I won't go into.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Jan 4, 2011
Dolphin being a thin wrapper around another browser it may be, the experience is seriously like night and day.

using the stock browser any dialogue boxes on the various forums i visit, or even facebook, it is so slow, i am usually 4-5 words ahead then they finally pop in, so if there is a typo, even moving the curser around is a nightmare, it was so laggy i hated using it.

making no other changes, and switching to dolphin the problem immediatly disappeared. it keeps up with my typing and never gets more than 1-2 char behind. it sucks because i liked the stock browser with the slide out controls and such.

keep in mind, the ONLY issue i had was with typing, and it had been like that since i got it. i can check the settings and such, if it IS a setting and i can use the stock browser again, awesome

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2011
Jack, the Touch Wiz update on mine eliminated the bugs on all my browsers, including the lag on the stock one. A lot of rendering issues on apps and websites are gone now as well
Hope that helps cheer up your day

Support Our Troops!!

cheapjeep2

Sep 14, 2011
Jack, the Touch Wiz update on mine eliminated the bugs on all my browsers, including the lag on the stock one. A lot of rendering issues on apps and websites are gone now as well
Hope that helps cheer up your day

Support Our Troops!!

I have this same problem, can you provide more details on the what the Touch Wiz update is and how I go about it?

klinksgarage

Jan 16, 2012
Hello everyone... i have just discovered something weird that is slowing down keyboard response and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I am using Maildroid. When my mains power source is plugged in it basically makes the keyboard desensitiesed to the point where it is unusable. As soon as I unplug it, the typing response is back to my perfect 70 wpm....anyone else noticied a similar issue?