Pandigital Bricked

frayjolero

Sep 29, 2012
Hi guys,
i just have a $49 White Pandigital 7" from walmart, i tried to convert it into a tablet by flashing with this OP_JB_S20_10_10_23_G_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip.
Now it is bricked i can still connect it with #adb shell can anyone provide to me a good tutorial to unbrick.
The screen is turned off, power button does not work, but i repeat #adb is able to connect.

Sorry about my poor english i hope some help

Jan 26, 2013
The Same Thing Happend To Me I Put The Update File On The Internal Card Started The Update...Halfway In It Shut Off And Wont Turn On...Help Would Be Appreciated

aakaakaak

Jan 8, 2012
Have you tried using the paperclip reset next to the USB port? There's also supposed to be a method floating around the forums to restore to factory default. I can't currently find that link, but you could try the 3-handed reset (+Volume, Power, Paperclip) and try one of the SD-card method Pandigital Novel Hacking - Wiki

jestir

Mar 12, 2013
i don't want to be rude or the bringer of bad news but if you did some research before you tried to update the firmware your self you would of known not to do any mod or firmware up date on the one you get from wall mart so the next one you get or you get the ideal to mod or update something your self do some research on the subject so you don't repeat and have fun with your paper weight

0be1

Apr 23, 2013
I too was having the same problem and have given up a few times. I then found this article...

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...gital-novel-7-white-black-please-help-me.html

Scroll down to the bottom and look at and follow the instructions from Lauxto. There are however two typos in his instructions. When you get to the part that you are in the adb shell and are going to load the images here are the correct commands the # will already be there and does not need to be type, it just denotes that you are in the shell and will start at the root directory:

# flash_image recovery /data/misc/recovery.img
# flash_image kernel /data/misc/kernel

I hope this helps other to unbrick their Wal-Mart Pandigital Novel and will at least get you back to stock and know how ti fix it should you brick it again :eek:)