Pendo 7" 2Gb Google Android Tablet HOW TO TURN IT OFF!

Rovicart

Mar 15, 2013
Hi Everybody!
I am new here and new to android and I just bought the ABOVE Pendo Pad.
The instructions in the manual about how to turn off just don't seem to apply to this machine.
THere is a slide switch onn the side but I just don't want to just keep turning that off to cut the power.
Surely there is a shutting down sequence somewhere?
I hope there is someone there that can help me out.
Cheers!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Rovicart and welcome to the forum. I don't know anything about your specific tablet but I can give you some general ideas, I think. If that's the only power button/switch on the device I think that would probably be okay. Most Android tablets have a physical button to tap that will put the tablet to sleep and a long press of that button will provide you some options to power down completely. Though I plead ignorance to the way some of the tablets talked about on this forum work I don't think I ever remember hearing one had a slider switch for power on and off.

Rovicart

Mar 15, 2013
Hi and thanks for responding to my issue. What I am hoping is not happening is that I may be turning it off like a pc power failure - it then going through it's own fixups so to speak, fixing hard drive errors etc. In the manual it describes holding down a button for about five seconds or so which then brings up a menu and turning off a switch in the menu but when I do that the icon switch they describe is simply not there??????????? but thanks anyway.