Pico Text to Speech

coachman2

Oct 24, 2011
I see that this app is available on the A500. I downloaded it, and the download was OK. I played the example , and that was OK too. does anyone know in what apps you can use it? e-mail, text messages, navigation? Thanks for any help.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i actually use SVOX Classic TTS with one of their custom voices, and i use it for all of those things plus my personal assistant functions.

johnhoward

Dec 6, 2011
I see that this app is available on the A500. I downloaded it, and the download was OK. I played the example , and that was OK too. does anyone know in what apps you can use it? e-mail, text messages, navigation? Thanks for any help.
I have also played example. How do I get it to work with reading books?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

Navigation is the big user of text to speech, but again, A wifi only device is not all that great for navigation, because you have to start your navigation session before leaving wifi and make no changes enroute. That being said, it does work.

And that is just about it unless you install more applications, and enable the Accessibility settings.

If you go into market you can find apps that will read various things to you.

Also useful for Google Translate if you are traveling, but again, needs a network connection.

Some of these apps enable speaking to the tablet, and having it speak to you. The problem here is that the mic has such low volume that virtually none of the apps that allow you to speak to the tablet work.