picture transfer from external device

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
So im loving my new tablet but one thing i cant figure out is how to save pictures to my device from an external flash drive or from an external hard drive... They show up in my gallery and i can share the but i want to put them on my device.... anyone have any thoughts on this? I am also wondering if i can save photos or music using clear.fi? i can browse through things great but the ability to save is key to fully replacing my labtop..... thanks for any help in advance!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

sontan

Apr 26, 2011
Great question. I would like to know as well. As of now I xfer them over from a windows 7 pc but it would be nice to just pop in a memory stick and do a quick file xfer.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I use a program called AFile that I bought a few years ago. It's not optimized for the tablet and the guy hasn't updated it in over a yr but I decided to try it since I bought it. It's a wireless file transfer and once I figured out where everything was, it worked like a charm - pics, music and video.

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
update... after a little playing around i was able to save picts off of a 2gig flash drive, its kind of a pain and would hope that this would be a simple one or two touch operation but i used asrto file manager and just coppied from usb and pasted on to my 32gig sd card... you have to restart device for them to show up in gallery but they do show up...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
Use OI File Manager once it is plugged in, navigate around, find everything, hard press, then move to SD card.

-Joe.