Please help coby kyros mid7022

twink12

Nov 26, 2011
Santa has left me in charge of setting up the tablets for the little bits and I am having difficulty sifting thru the clutter on youtube. I am wanting to download the new android market instead of appslib, way too many adult apps. and not enough reviews or photos of apps to know what I am getting. Still new to the android world, but pretty quick at picking things up. Just not sure to root or not root, what is root? is that another way of saying rewrite the code?

Also hoping someone might be able to advise on a parental control app? These little bits are quite little and can mess things up in a flash if not locked out of certain areas. I have kidsplace on my phone, which works good to keep them in one place, just wasn"t sure if there was something else i could add to help control content.

:(

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Hey, welcome to the forum.

I don't have any ideas regarding the parental control app, but your best bet would be to get the market working.

If you look under: other minor tablets > Coby > generation 2

You'll find a lot of good information regarding installing the full market, rooting and other tips & tricks.

As far as what rooting actually does; it's basically a jailbreak for android, rooting gives you access to things you can't normally access. However that's something you'll want to research before you decide whether to root or not.

Sent from my slightly rooted Coby 7022

Last edited:

AAone

Nov 29, 2011
Santa has left me in charge of setting up the tablets for the little bits and I am having difficulty sifting thru the clutter on youtube. I am wanting to download the new android market instead of appslib, way too many adult apps. and not enough reviews or photos of apps to know what I am getting. Still new to the android world, but pretty quick at picking things up. Just not sure to root or not root, what is root? is that another way of saying rewrite the code?

Also hoping someone might be able to advise on a parental control app? These little bits are quite little and can mess things up in a flash if not locked out of certain areas. I have kidsplace on my phone, which works good to keep them in one place, just wasn"t sure if there was something else i could add to help control content.

:(

I'm also Trying to set up 2 Tablets for Kids age 5 & 8. I would appreciate any help on parental control and Kids apps.

So far Ive rooted both tablets and used root uninstaller app from Market to remove alot of the Default apps, such as applib app, default book reader app, and generic youtube app. The root unistaller has a freeze option for removing certain other apps from view, such as ES Explorer, ES Task Manager, Calibration, Email, browser, APK Installer, Spare Parts, and Settings. I have also installed and hidden Amazon Apps from which I have installed paid ad free games the kids like. I have installed the Android Market and set to gmail account for Kids and have made it available for kids to download free apps as they please.