Possible to get flash on a 2.1 Nook?

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
I have a Nook
with a simple root and Im just wondering if its possible to get flash working on it.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
The short answer is no kdog! Flash is not available for 2.1...but! B&N should be coming out very soon with their 2.2 (which should have Flash ability)

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Ah I see. Will I be able to install 2.2 on a rooted book though?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ah I see. Will I be able to install 2.2 on a rooted book though?

Probably have to unroot and re-root to 2.2.. Don't worry, within a couple weeks after 2.2 hits the NC, they'll have a method worked out to root it.

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
I installed Cyanogen7 Android 2.3 on my Nook Color today.

Flash does work !!!!!

Wish I had the guts to try that myself. Instructions on how to do it aren't idiot proof enough for me . I'm terrified of messing it up.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
kdog...get an understanding of what CWR is, what a nand backup is and what these things do to change your NC.

A little understanding can make up for a world of confusing instructions.

I have quite a bit of understanding, and I still won't use the Cyanogen7 ROM.

I can't encourage new users enough to just take things slow. Learn to crawl before you run headlong into the bleeding edge of NC OS ROM's. Now if you have a great understanding of Android, the NC is just another device that runs it.

Trust me, they will be there next week and the week after that (more updated and better, hopefully). Get an understanding of the basics first, because just like anything else, if you don't understand the basics, how do you expect to understand the complex?