[PRJ] apps2sd discussion

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
OK- here it goes. From the viewpoint of someone who is not sure what they are doing.....

1. Downloaded and installed partition manager, Droid explorer, drivers from huawei site( they finally have win xp bundled with win 7). Tablet was already rooted with z4root.

2. Partitioned the internal card -strait forward and easy.

3. Step 2 caused me some headaches. Droid explorer wouldn't see my tablet. I played with drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, nothing. Then I realized I turned debugging off when I started the process. Found in settings to turn debugging back on, and there it was- something I didn't recognize-"1234567890ABCDEF". That's the only thing that popped up so I used that one. Found the console, with the $, entered su and my tablet was asking for permission.

Got the # and started with "busybox mke2fs /dev/block/vold/179:18"- no quotes. Could not copy and paste- wouldn't let me paste, so I typed and void instead of vold- "applet not found". Corrected my typing- "applet not found". Used quotes- got "not found"

I thought I was stuck, I retyped it one more time with quotes around the first phrase "busybox mke2fs" due to the space and I didn't get a #, but the curser moved to the next line.

So I'll keep going.

I'll take any help if anyone is still up!!!

no more # signs so I guess I'm stuck.

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
started step 2 again, busybox mke2fs/dev/block/vold/179:18- applet not found

any suggestions?

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
It looks like the version of busybox you are using doesnt have mke2fs there. I used the one suplied by titanium backup. Which has more commands than most.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Ok- thought I had the titanium version. uninstalled market version. will restart and see where I am.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Use cut and paste, because the spaces and case are important. You can paste into adb. I dont use droid explorer. Just start a command window in windows and type adb shell. Then you can use cut and paste. I think this is important if you do not understand linux commands.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
OK- I'll give it a try.
Can I make a .bat file with a pause at the end or does everything have to go line by line?

And just curious- if it's midnite here (NJ_ USA), what time is it in Melbourne?

Last edited:

mayur9890

Jan 12, 2011
OK need a little more help when I do the
busybox mke2fs /dev/block/vold/179:18
command I get the following error
mke2fs: image is too small

this same problem is screwing me,in my case this error shows when i do 179:2......please some1 help me..i have only external sd card.internal sd folder is there but its size showing 0b...so no internal sd only external and this error "image is too small" has wasted almost 3 hours of constant tries...plz help

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Holy cow....Tried to do adb shell- it was not recognized as a command. Used this all the time with the pdn- ??? Don't know what happened to it or I forgot how. That was in the summer.

So- after removing market's busybox, I tried again with the droid explorer. Took it line by line, very careful to get a positive result with no errors, got to the very end. I had several no space left on device, short writes, short reads, and the sd cards needed to be unmounted from the computer in order to install the 2 scripts at the end- recovery and init-sd. Then I had no errors. Checked with no errors, finished all commands, and rebooted.

I now have a tablet with most of the apps on my tablet face with a nice android picture and it says they are not installed.
And I have no way of installing them. No market, no browsers, anything I had installed is not not installed. I have no app installer and no way of getting them installed. Any thoughts? Did I even get the apps 2 sd correctly?

Any help out there?? Did I totally screw it up?? It's late and I'm shutting down tonite. I gave it a good shot. Something happened, just don't think it was a good something. ;(

Thanks to all who responded tonite.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Buzzman, sorry I was afk for a bit.

If you can join the irc channel #anroidtablets on freenode I might be able to help out.

~Ivy

Jao36

Dec 30, 2010
Alright i went through all the steps to get this going on my s7. I thought i had everything correct until i rebooted and all my apps were gone including some important ones like market.

I reinstalled the firmware and got all my user installed apps back through titanium backup.

Now i have a partition on my internal sd card i can't use. My question is can i use the partitioning software and delete the partition and start all over agian?

Thanks for all the Hard work on this and for any help you can give me.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
.......Now i have a partition on my internal sd card i can't use. My question is can i use the partitioning software and delete the partition and start all over agian? .....

Yes you can. I have done it numerous times sometime re-creating the partition and sometimes without. So it should work.