Problem with wi-fi connection

ISilva

Nov 9, 2014
I cannot connect my Samsung Galaxy tab to my home network. It keeps scanning and cannot connect.
However, once my computer is running, the tablet wi-fi immediately connects. I am getting frustrated
with this problem. Will appreciate information about this.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

How exactly is your computer connected? Is it to a WiFi router. If so, do you have a filter set up in the router that allows your computer?

What you describe is pretty strange unless the tablet is using the computer for access.

ISilva

Nov 9, 2014
Thanks for your information. My computer is connected to a wireless network. I do not connect my tablet to the computer. There is no connection to my home network when my tablet is on, it keeps scanning, but once my computer is running, the tablet easily connects to my home network. What do you mean by filter set up in the router?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's possible to set up a router with what is called MAC filtering. That would only allow authorized system to access the router. The part that is very confusing is that it connects when the computer is on. That isn't very logical in my mind. Have you tried restarting the router and then the tablet?

ISilva

Nov 9, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have solved the problem. The store where I bought the tablet has provided me with the information. I need to enable mobile data on the tablet and used it to be able to access the internet. The tablet is using my home network whenever the computer is on.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ISilva, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.