PS Store on Tablet S

marcusdav

Dec 26, 2011
Hi all,

Does anyone know why I cant log on to the ps store on the tablet S. I am in Ireland and i get the message "Service not available in your region" is this true? I get the same problem with video unlimited. The guy at the store where I bought it used these 2 services as selling points so i am feeling a bit annoyed.

Also, i get a errors relating to flash player at certain websites even though flash player 11 is installed, is there some reduced functionality between flash on tablets and flash on pc's?

I have a htc desire s telephone and there is a nice little news and weather app where you can enter keywords and it will bring you news relating to those keywords, i cant find anything quite as good for this tablet. Of course you can subscribe to rss feeds but that is not quite what i want, any ideas?

To list only a few of my slight gripes with this, i got it 2 days ago and I have to say im not as impressed as i thought i would be. Just doesnt seem as easy to use and as fun as what i thought it would be. Just to highlight it a little, I am writing this post on my laptop and not my tablet! If anyone can suggest stuff to make the tablet more fun and make it feel like €495 well spent, I'd love to hear them!! Thanks all.

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
I know the ps store is not available in some regions, but to be honest its a total wasre of time for me. there is only a handful of games on there which are only PS1 games which look and run rubbish. just get GTA3 off the android market and play that. it keeps me happy . having a mini usb port on the side is also gold! I have a tiny usb drive plugged into the cable ith series on it for my bus ride to work. cant do that on an ipad ;)w
give it some time. yes its not perfect but dont write it off yet.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I can see why you might be disappointed is PS1 was a major reason for buying the tablet. ICS should be available soon. Maybe that will take care of the problem, but you aren't missing much. Have you downloaded the Android Tablet Forum app? Not sure why you can't post from your tablet but suspect you could if you wanted to. The onscreen keyboard is really slick.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

marcusdav

Dec 26, 2011
I know the ps store is not available in some regions, but to be honest its a total wasre of time for me. there is only a handful of games on there which are only PS1 games which look and run rubbish. just get GTA3 off the android market and play that. it keeps me happy . having a mini usb port on the side is also gold! I have a tiny usb drive plugged into the cable ith series on it for my bus ride to work. cant do that on an ipad ;)w
give it some time. yes its not perfect but dont write it off yet.

Downloading gta now!

marcusdav

Dec 26, 2011
I can see why you might be disappointed is PS1 was a major reason for buying the tablet. ICS should be available soon. Maybe that will take care of the problem, but you aren't missing much. Have you downloaded the Android Tablet Forum app? Not sure why you can't post from your tablet but suspect you could if you wanted to. The onscreen keyboard is really slick.

I tried to install it yesterday and it didnt work, I gave it another go 2day and hey presto! Quirky thing huh?