Re: Comparing Ipad 2 with Acer Iconia a500 series

ZedJay321

Nov 16, 2012
Hi
I'm looking at purchasing one of the above tablets. I've been taking a look via Google but still have unanswered questions.
A couple of those are: 1. How good is it having a micro usb compared to larger? 2. Is the quality really up to scratch compared to Apple?
Just to name a couple of queries.
Help! :confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ZedJay, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum for you, so the people who have that tablet can join the discussion and try to help you decide what to do. Good luck!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi
I'm looking at purchasing one of the above tablets. I've been taking a look via Google but still have unanswered questions.
A couple of those are: 1. How good is it having a micro usb compared to larger? 2. Is the quality really up to scratch compared to Apple?
Just to name a couple of queries.
Help! :confused:

Well the A500 has both micro and fullsize - but the A500 is not the current model. The fullsized USB allows for USB hosting. The micro usb is actually a micro usb B connector which replaces the D type USB B ( usually found on printers). There are many who disagree but I like the idea of being able to plug in a USB stick. I don't like the idea of carrying an adaptor (cable) around with me because cables/adaptors are so easily lost.

As regards to quality in some areas the A500 is better - bigger/better screen resolutions - while I don't have an iPad 2 and don't like APPLE there are somethings they do well. ( ie robustness of their iPhone - I don't have one either). One of the plusses of the android OS is the access to Android Market/Google Play/Play (different names for the same thing). iTunes is not bad but you kind of lock-in to them unless you jailbreak the idevice. Android devices can still play iTunes stuff without having to root the device.

But all this is my personal opinion - others may agree or disagree.

One other thing. iPad2 is a later generation than A500. So comparisons are a little skewed.

Last edited: