Which One To Buy Acer A500, Asus Transformer Or iPad 2

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Which one of these tablets is best for everyday use and value???
I have sold my iPad 2, one of my mate owns the transformer and the other owns the A500,
The trill of using the iPad went after buying the iPad 2,
One of the best thing I liked about the iPad was the browser speed and how smooth it was,
Then recently at my mates house we were comparing the web browser and with flash switch off the A500 was exactly the same in performance and really smooth pinch to zoom,
My main choice was the galaxy but having no sd slot is a deal breaker,
The transformer has the best screen in the Market but I don't like the edges on the casing,
The A500 same with performance and the casing feels really nice,
I don't plan on buying any other tablet till next year already purchase 3 this year,

If you had to choos between the iPad 2, Acer A500 and Asus Transformer,
Which one would you buy and why????

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I would say the transformer. It has the most popular connections, nice screen, great list of accessories, and a manufacturer that supports it.

DJACID

May 7, 2011
After waching and reading a few reviews I have gone with the transformer,
Another deciding factor was most of my mates own the iPad 2, Xoom and Acer a500 and only the one who owns the transformer,
Not going to get the keyboard dock as I don't see myself using it...

kwirk

Jun 12, 2011
I bought the Asus Transformer plus the keyboard docking station. The docking station gives me the battery life I need for long trips. Docking station also gives me a SD card port and 2 usb for extras. If you get one of these Asus devices that has a Tegra chip then make sure to check out the games on nvidia's site.
With Gorilla Glass I'm not too worried about scratching the thing but it does get finger prints really easy. Something like Monster iClean does the job to remove the evidence you used the tablet with a couple sprays on the cloth and quick swipe over the screen.

:D Tegra Zone

toomuch

May 21, 2011
I want to know where you got an ipad2, I am still on the waiting list at Best buy (Dec 2011) and the Apple Store (Jan 12), I put my name on the list before the ipad2 was released.
A few people here got one but only from a carrier like Verizon, any non 3G are still not available.
Can you tell me where I can get an Ipad2 right now because in Los Angeles there are none.
Thx

DJACID

May 7, 2011
That is s long wait,I got my one 2nd week of release date only waited 1 week,Try one of the shop sellers on eBay,My mate bought one 2 weeks ago with AppleCare and still saved 50 bucks of retail price,For you waiting this long there must have not booked you on the system correctly,Phone apple and leave a complaint should speed up the matter..