Recovery

Sprdtyf350

Nov 26, 2010
I just figured out to get into recovery mode on this thing. It is different than the other method posted. I think there are at least 2 sets of hardware used with these tablets.

Hold the tablet so you can:

Press on and hold the touchscreen, then press the power and menu buttons at the same time.

It then says if you want to recover press the required buttons. I pressed power, and menu again and it restored.

I have been able to repeat it over and over..

The other method found by Bigwooly goes like this:

"to restore to default rom (recovery mode)
with device off

push power turn on as normal

Once you see the infotmic logo press and hold power and menu

When you see white text On the screen release power and menu

You will see a message the says something along the lines of "to boot in recovery press the require keys"

Press power and menu again and it will reflash the most recent manufacturer update you downloaded."

BluesMessiah

Oct 16, 2011
Just picked up one of these used to try out and so far very annoyed. Keeps hanging on me and every time I shut it down and restart I have to recalibrate and reset all my settings. I also have ZERO empty internal ram available, even though there is nothing but the few stock apps installed. Thought I would try to do a reset to see if it helped, but I keep trying the "3 finger method" only to have to sit through the looonng Sylvania boot screen every time. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I tried both while the unit was off and on, holding both menu and power down while pressing the screen. I've tried letting go as soon as I see the InfoTMIC screen, as well as held them through until the boot logo. I've probably tried at least 10 times. Any help would be appreciated.

mcx

Apr 3, 2011
I've had that problem where you have zero internal memory even though you don't have any apps. The solution is to do a factory reset but you would then have to reinstall your apps and stuff again. The tablet does remain rooted though.

I think it's in Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Reset

laurita221

Sep 12, 2012
I've had that problem where you have zero internal memory even though you don't have any apps. The solution is to do a factory reset but you would then have to reinstall your apps and stuff again. The tablet does remain rooted though.

I think it's in Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Reset
well ill been doing this but still no internal memory, i can install apps thought but icant access to my external sd card or the internal one...

mnem143

Oct 14, 2012
I at tempted both of these resets however only the 3 finger salute worked however it told me that a recovery image is not available to try and use the sd??

I just figured out to get into recovery mode on this thing. It is different than the other method posted. I think there are at least 2 sets of hardware used with these tablets.

Hold the tablet so you can:

Press on and hold the touchscreen, then press the power and menu buttons at the same time.

It then says if you want to recover press the required buttons. I pressed power, and menu again and it restored.

I have been able to repeat it over and over..

The other method found by Bigwooly goes like this:

"to restore to default rom (recovery mode)
with device off

push power turn on as normal

Once you see the infotmic logo press and hold power and menu

When you see white text On the screen release power and menu

You will see a message the says something along the lines of "to boot in recovery press the require keys"

Press power and menu again and it will reflash the most recent manufacturer update you downloaded."

JayRay

Jun 2, 2014
I have a ProntoTec 9 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet Pc, Allwinner A20 Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.5 Ghz, Android 4.1, 8GB NAND Flash, DDR3 512MB RAM, Dual Camer. It cam from China. It's a low end tablet but has very good reviews all over for it's functionality and little girl loves it. Unfortunately she put a password on it and forgot what it was. I have been trying to get into recovery mode to do a factory reset. The normal ways do not work, i.e. power + up volume, etc. You cannot get to the home button or a menu button as long as the screen is locked it has a reset button on the back, but it only goes back to the locked screen. The only buttons available are power, up and down volume. I have tried every combination and different amounts of time in holding in button. The company web site has no help at all or c.s. to call. I have looked at youtube and google and am at a loss. It's a perfectly fine and useful tablet, there has to be a way to get to the recoevery mode. Please help if you can. Thanks!!!

sreekanth

Oct 27, 2014
Just got this ematic eglide xl pro andriod 3e tablet used from a family member.I went to turn it on and it is just a black screen with the word ANDROID in white and a blinking dash after it.Later on I down loaded http://www.ematic.us/TabletTools/EGLXL102B.zip and used it with a SD. I got a message that unable to mount from internal SD card. Now i am getting a flashing screen ANDROID in big 1 inch letters. nothing more.some one pls help me