Refurb Acer.. Need Help..

Manoj1551

Jan 27, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Am thinking to buy Refurb Acer 500 for 279. should i go for it. Am vary on Refurb Products. My friend is getting it from US to India . Is it safe bet to buy . Please recommend.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Lots of posters here have reported good luck with the refurbs.

If the refurb comes with ANY kind of warranty, it will usually be rather short.
You might want to go to SquareTrade and buy a two year warranty.
They even cover accidental damage, so if you drop it, they replace it.

mikespe

May 18, 2011
I bought one from Walmart.com for $278 and love it! It runs great...I rooted it & installed ICS within an hour of taking it out of the box! You do need to feel comfortable with buying refurbs though....I purchased several items either via ebay, walmart, newegg, geeks.com, etc...and only had one that kind of flopped (so long ago I really don't even remember which one it was...LOL)...

I'd tell you to get it...but ONLY if it's from a quality source with a good warranty & return policy

Manoj1551

Jan 27, 2012
Its from Ebay , and Acer store itself are selling. Its $279 + tax and will come up 298.. If it has some problem, will there be money back for the Seller. Since Acer itself is selling , i thought it would be kind of OK,.. but i have this option to buy New Le Pan 2 also. So lots of confusion :(

Don9992

Jan 20, 2012
I got my A500 referb from Cheetah Deals. It came with an Acer case, Acer's 90-day warranty and a 12-month extended warranty that kicks in after Acer's expires. You don't get a 15-month warranty on a new one. The only thing I've found to be amiss at all were couple of tiny imperfections in the glass that I wouldn't have seen had I not put a protector on it. It came to $329 and deliver was very fast. I'd recommend them anytime.....and no, I don't work for them and never heard of them until I started shopping for a tablet.