Refurbished?

LoveJC03

Jan 11, 2012
I have really gotten interested in the Vizio 8'' Tablet.. and I want to get it for $199 because that's so much better than $200-$300. Walmart and Sam's Club both have it for an awesome price.. $199 & $195 but each time I check their sites it's unavailable. I'm guessing with the price drop everyone went crazy and bought one.. and now I guess other people have to wait to get one at that price. :( All the ones I see online that are brand new are over $200. There are some on Ebay that are "manufacturer refurbished" but I'm kinda iffy about that, although I can get one for under $200 which makes me happy.

What I really wanna know is.. has anyone bought a refurbished Vizio and had no problems with it, did it work like brand new? Would it be a good idea to buy refurbished or wait to see if Walmart or Sam's Club brings them back, if they even do? I REALLY want one!!

the.drm

Jan 10, 2012
All of the Woot.com units are Reburbs - you might want to head over to their forums and check out their feedback on the quality.

My opinion might be skewed - Mine is a Woot.com refurb, which showed up with no audio (and only one speaker from the headphone jack working). Vizio was good about sending a refurb replacement, but problems with it mounting as a USB drive to my computer is why I came her to this forum last night, lol.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
Most of the refurbs were due to the tablet not being what people wanted <like the sdcard issue>. I got mine at Costco in November for $189, and haven't had any issues. Refurbs are always a gamble, but if Vizio honors the warranty, then it should be ok. I have heard on these forums that they are great to work with

the.drm

Jan 10, 2012
FYI - when I was on the phone the first time with Vizio, I was told they have "Refurbished" and "Recertified" products. Woot.com was selling the Refurbs (though the box is marked Recertified), but Recertified ones are actually put through more testing (supposedly).

I can say that my Woot.com Vtab looked perfectly new, while the replacement they sent has obviously had the case pried open at some time.

LoveJC03

Jan 11, 2012

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Got mine from woot as a "refurb." and it looks and behaves as if brand new.