Registering problems with 101 Internet tablet

esim

Mar 8, 2011
Have anyone of you experineced this:

Can't register my device because i get this error message: "this product code have been registered before". I have checked and double checked both serial number and product code. The user support at Archos is just talking nonsens. I can't get support either without first registering the device.

If you have experienced this, what did you do to solve it?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Did you buy the Tablet second hand? or at a store.... may have been already registered and then returned...

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
That is the cause. Someone registered the device. If you bought it from a store or E-Store, you have two choices. You can return for replacement. Or, Contact Archos again, tell them you need to re-register the device. You may need to fax a copy of the receipt.
If you bought it secondhand, then you have only one option, try and sweet-talk Archos to allow re-registration. You tell them it is a return and previously registered. Most of the time, they will allow re-registration. Otherwise, you are stuck.

esim

Mar 8, 2011
thanks for taking time to response to my question. The tablet was bought from a webstore here in Norway. Just bought it. I have also sent email to them, so I will wait and see tomorrow. Thanks again guys

esim

Mar 8, 2011
The problem is somewhat solved. I solved it my self by installing ArcTools and then Android market.