Rent movies?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
You can always download movies to your PC and sync them to the nook. What app/service are you talking about? Need more details.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
That's just it, I don't know how you do it on an android device. I'be only ever used iTunes to rent movies in the past. Can you do it with Amazon somehow?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
From Amazon:
When you buy a video, your viewing rights do not expire (except as provided in our Terms of Use). You can watch a video you own online and download it to 2 locations (TiVo DVRs and Windows PCs). You can also transfer a video you own to 2 portable devices. Note: Some new release movies will become unavailable for viewing or downloading for an unspecified period of time due to licensing restrictions. You will be notified about this before we process your order.

I'm not sure if you would be able to put it on the tablet. I guess it depends on the codec it uses.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
It's no less legal than torrents. Plus you can control the quality yourself and not rely on someone else to get it right for you.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I'm happy to pay for a rental for trips etc. But what I'm hearing so far is that you can't rent movies/tv on an android device?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Assuming you are rooted to Froyo or better, you can get free TV shows on the NC.. Find "TV & Movies On Demand FREE" on the market.. It's got a ton of great shows, all the way from old school G.I Joe cartoons to the final season of Lost.. (just a couple that I've looked for..)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Assuming you are rooted to Froyo or better, you can get free TV shows on the NC.. Find "TV & Movies On Demand FREE" on the market.. It's got a ton of great shows, all the way from old school G.I Joe cartoons to the final season of Lost.. (just a couple that I've looked for..)

Nice! Have not heard of this app before. :)
thanks

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I shows an ad, which sucks on a little phone screen, but it's fine on the NC screen.

FYI, you can also watch the NCAA feeds over on CNN. I watched UConn's game a couple nights ago. Good framerate.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Whats the big deal? I have a Elocity A7, Android 2.2,with flash 10.1, I watch Instant movies free, anytime, unlimited, I can send them to a DVD and record or to 42" flat screen and watch in 1080P perfectly, Just sign up for Amazon Primes 30 day free trial, if you like it, it's only 79.00 a year for all the movies you want, over 5,000 now!

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I want to be able to rent movie or tv shows for the airplane where I don't have broadband to stream content. It sounds like the only way to do this is to rip a DVD.