[RESOLVED] Stuck in Boot Loop

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
Hi All,

im new to this forum, i received this Android tablet, it looks exactly like this SHENZHEN LYRIC PIONEER CO., LTD-LYXF TABLE PC --- Products

my problem is, i installed an app called LCD Density Modder, being dumb i set the value very high as i was curios on how it'll work, so the app told me to reboot, I reboot, and now im stuck at the bootscreen "Android", I cant start up my tablet using the power button, but it will start the tablet using the reset button in the back, i tried pressing a key combination and i got into download mode, but if i can just get to the recovery mode i can do a factory reset from there.

I just dont know how to get to recovery mode. Can anyone help me ?

or even better, someone may have a the same firmware or suggest a firmware that is compatible with this tablet, and also a flash tool.

Thank you very much

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
Can someone help me ? i am in the download mode right now the "android with triangle" on it. what should i do next ? please help\

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If you have adb set up, during bootloop adb pull build.prop set correct settings example 120 for 7 or 8 inch screen. Save then adb push build.prop. reboot

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
If you have adb set up, during bootloop adb pull build.prop set correct settings example 120 for 7 or 8 inch screen. Save then adb push build.prop. reboot

sorry but i do not know how to set that one up, is there anyway I can get to the tablets recovery mode without adb ?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
your only bet is to try connecting via adb during the bootloop. If it does, it will help.

Doing a factory reset will not revert the change in build.prop

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
your only bet is to try connecting via adb during the bootloop. If it does, it will help.

Doing a factory reset will not revert the change in build.prop

Oh, thats bad news, im not really sure how to do that, i tried adb devices command using android sdk, but it doesnt list / recognize the device, can you tell me how to make the android device to detect ?

really appreciate all your response. please bear with me

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
or even better, if there is a custom rom that is compatible with my tablet, LY-F9S i can try and flash it

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Oh, thats bad news, im not really sure how to do that, i tried adb devices command using android sdk, but it doesnt list / recognize the device, can you tell me how to make the android device to detect ?

really appreciate all your response. please bear with me

adb need to be enable in the android system. If its not, then there is no way you will be able to access to it now.

you need to install the adb driver before you can use it : Colonel Zap's Blog: Allwinner A10 ADB-Drivers

here's a guide on how to use adb: How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 12/13/11) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
Unfortunately, since my device is already in bootloop, i won't be able to check the USB Debugging mode, darn, does this means this tablet is useless now ?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Unfortunately, since my device is already in bootloop, i won't be able to check the USB Debugging mode, darn, does this means this tablet is useless now ?

no, you can get hold of the rom for your tablet and flash it using livesuite.

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
darn, the device won't detect bec. the USB Debugging was disabled. :( any other solution ? aside from getting a new one ?

shoyru777

Aug 20, 2012
no, you can get hold of the rom for your tablet and flash it using livesuite.

the thing is, i looked up to the Shenzhen, where the manufacturer of the tablet, they did not offer a rom for this device... or are there any custom rom that i can port to this device ?

Dont know what else to do

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
the thing is, i looked up to the Shenzhen, where the manufacturer of the tablet, they did not offer a rom for this device... or are there any custom rom that i can port to this device ?

Dont know what else to do

I would suggest that you contact your seller to pester for the rom. You can try to flash other a10-based tablet rom but some of the hardware might not work.

If yours is really a Ly-F9S, you can try out the rom from official website. There is F9S rom when you select chinese language. ?????????????-LYXF?????? --- ????