Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Just to clarify, press the rocker button when in you tube to get back to home screen then press and hold to get pop up menu and go back to you tube....just did it with a good video and it played and sounded great full screen!!!

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Here's a good video to see quality. The beginning of video is black screen with white words, so wait 10 seconds until you see the guy sitting in the chair, then do fullscreen trick. It looks great!!!! btw, My son is lead guitar player in video....

Last edited by a moderator:

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
Mike, in reference to the screen, once it all smudged up with fingerprints it doesn't matter anymore. My suggestion: Stop cleaning it...lol

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
According to a person over at slatedroid, it was possible to flash the Archos version of Android for their Archos 7 Home Tablet over to an aPad. ADB

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
I've decided to return the apad for refund. It's just not reliable. I'll keep the Archos 7HT until a real android tablet solution becomes available in the fall (hopefully). The Archos is much more stable and battery life is 3-4 times that of the apad.

carval

Jun 1, 2010
I got mine today. It seems to be in good working order. No problems as yet anyways.

I too was wondering about upgarding. As you said, 1.5 is a little light on fuctionality.

I can't seem to get a portrait veiw when looking at the 'desktop' but all the apps seems to change as I tilt the device.

It's pretty sanppy considering the megre specs. Overall I'm very pleased so far. Please bare in mind that this is day 1! I'm sure I'll discover more as time passes.

Any questions?

Hello,
I got mine about 5days ago, wifi works sometime, works fine when connected. Sound is very soft. I don't know if I should return it? Can you see how to open unit?, I believe memory can be upgrade to 512mb?? I would like to format drive and install a clean ver. of Android. I alread did a factory reset, still has some Chinese . Factory reset will give you all Chinese, go to setting to change to English, but you still get some Chinese?

Regards

cata1000

May 24, 2010
I reset the apad and now I do not have any application (pre-loaded applications)
How can I restore (re-install) them?

FIJIBanks

May 25, 2010
Dave-

It does have the webcam, and it is pretty decent, nothing super fancy, but good enough to use as a barcode reader.

Once I put the order in to merimobiles (on May 17th, it took about 5 days to ship to me. Pretty quick shipping from China, if you ask me.

FIJI Banks,

Does yours have the webcam? How long did it take to get it after you paid?

Thanks,
Dave

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
I reset the apad and now I do not have any application (pre-loaded applications)
How can I restore (re-install) them?

I reset mine to factory settings. I still have all of my apps. The language reverted to completely Chinese. Fortunately, I have my Archos 7HT, so I was able to fumble my way to the language settings by comparing screens, so I got lucky there.

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
oooh, I see there is a firmware update. I may try that before returning mine for refund.

Did you manage to do a firmware upgrade? Any difference after the upgrade?

I cant decide whether I should get one of these, the Archos 7HT or the Dell Streak!!! ArgH!!!

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
I'm leaving for a week long vacation with the family today. The upgrade, if possible, will have to wait till I get back.

I'm bringing the Archos 7HT with me on the trip. Currently, it's much more stable and had ridiculously long battery life.