Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

cata1000

May 24, 2010
I just received an: (8GB) APad China iPad 7.0 Inch Touch Screen Tablet PC MID Entertainment and Internet Device
but it is in Chinese, and it did not contain any instructions to change the language to English.

How can I change the setup to English?

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
I just received an: (8GB) APad China iPad 7.0 Inch Touch Screen Tablet PC MID Entertainment and Internet Device
but it is in Chinese, and it did not contain any instructions to change the language to English.

How can I change the setup to English?
Run the Settings app (looks like some cog wheels and a hammer IIRC) and select the sixth (or was it seventh?) option from the top. Now you should see different language options.

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
Crap, DHL had an address error on my shipment. Now it won't be delivered until tomorrow. If this keeps up, my Archos will be here first and I ordered it 8 days after the apad.

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
DHL came through and delivered the today. First, I ordered what was advertised as a 16GB model, but in actuality it's a 2 GB device with a 16GB SD card. I contacted the ebay seller and demanded a refund for falsely stating it's capacity. Second, I can not seem to change the chinese characters in the browser dictionary. I have selected English as the language, but it doesn't affect the search dictionary. Any suggestions? I can't even type in a word to search because it inputs the chinese characters.

Looks like the Archos may have been the better choice. I have to wait until Wednesday for it to arrive.

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
I figured out the chinese character problem. Once you get used to the device it's not too bad. I like the auto orientation feature. I find it much easier to type on the keyboard in portrait mode. I charged the unit for about an hour and I was able to use it for 3 or more hours before having to charge it again. I'm curious to see what kind of use I will get on a full charge. The Android market is nice. many apps there. I installed Skyfire browser which plays flash videos through some Skyfire magic. It's not the best, but it works. I also installed pandora. It works well. The screen is not readable in direct sunlight.

I'm just rambling as thoughts come to mind.

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Yeah they're not bad...It would be good if the youtube app let you change video size like built in vid player does...

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
WARNING: do not buy anything more than the 2GB unit. Any device listed as more than 2GB is a base unit with a pre-installed MicroSD memory card. I bought a 16GB unit from imall.direct on ebay and this is what I got. I'm trying to get a $90.00 refund to make up it. I will advise of the outcome.

Sed1976

May 25, 2010
I got mine today and can't get it to do anything other than power on. It comes on and says Android in English but that is about it. Does anyone have any advice?

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
Sounds like it's stuck in the boot sequence. Does the word android look like regular text like DOS or the Android logo using android font?

FIJIBanks

May 25, 2010
So I got mine today, and guess what? I get a screen with Chinese characters and a padlock. Any help? I like the looks and feel of the device, but this is very frustrating.

HELP!!!!

FIJIBanks

May 25, 2010
Never mind, chalk it up to Android noob. I will give a review one I use it more!

Josh

So I got mine today, and guess what? I get a screen with Chinese characters and a padlock. Any help? I like the looks and feel of the device, but this is very frustrating.

HELP!!!!

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
A quick walkthru for starting your aPad for the first time:
  • Slide the on/off switch to On position (right edge)
  • Keep the big black button (right front) pressed for a few sec's until Tux (the Linux penguin) appears on screen top left
  • The text ANDROID should soon appear on screen in "DOS" font
  • ...after a while replaced by ANDROID but now in a more designed typeface, with a shimmering effect. (Known as the boot animation)
  • Finally you arrive at the desktop, but it's locked. Press the left side of the seesaw button found at the top edge, to the right.
To turn the screen off and on, press the big black button.
To shut the unit down, keep the big black button pressed for a few sec's and select Shut down in the dialog that appears on screen.

ale.f76

May 26, 2010
the guy I bought from says he's gonna send the 2.1 rom as soon as he gets them from the factory...of course that could be awhile....

[FONT=&quot]Hi, I have just received an Irobot – Apad yesterday. I haven’t been able to try it extensively, and I will let you know my impression asap.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would be really interested to UPDATE ANDROID OS to 2.2. Do you guys have any idea on how to do this?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you so much.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ale[/FONT]