[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

luisrene88

Sep 1, 2012
good work i-m waiting cm9 rom for my ideos s7 fat (105) somebody can show a video runing cm9 on your s7 slim please?

cwlok2a

Sep 2, 2012
i flash it on my s7 slim successfully..
I just wanna know how can I use my touchscreen normally instead of sth like pointer?

alien302

Oct 17, 2011
Well done this rom works well, installed it on my s7 slim , changed launcher to go launcher ex

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
i flash it on my s7 slim successfully..
I just wanna know how can I use my touchscreen normally instead of sth like pointer?

that's because the screen isnt calibrated (.idc missing) i had T1320, but u can try to copy /system/usr/idc/t1320.idc to msm_touchscreen.idc or mxt224.idc
adb remount rw
adb shell
cp /system/usr/idc/t1320.idc /system/usr/idc/msm_touchscreen.idc
cp /system/usr/idc/t1320.idc /system/usr/idc/mxt224.idc
reboot

cwlok2a

Sep 2, 2012
that's because the screen isnt calibrated (.idc missing) i had T1320, but u can try to copy /system/usr/idc/t1320.idc to msm_touchscreen.idc or mxt224.idc
i can't see msm_touchscreen.idc or mxt224.idc in the file.
can i just rename the t1320.idc into those file?
do i have to copy all or just either one of them?
do i have to keep the t1320.idc?

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
First thank you very much for this rom..i lost hope that I will see anything besides froyo on this device.
Rom works very good for alpha..
And now what I would like to fix
There is no option for use only 3G in setting like it was in froyo(there is only for force 2g)..so device almost always connect to 2g instead of 3g which makes it unusable..I have sim card with unlimited data plan and can't find way to force it to 3g.
Second you could make status bar thicker ..its oversized and to fat so using to much screen space.
There is no way to see recent apps ..its not maped to any off 3 buttons..if you can map it for long pressing home button..
There is more stuff but I now that you also now them but I would like to thank you again for your work.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
First thank you very much for this rom..i lost hope that I will see anything besides froyo on this device.
Rom works very good for alpha..
And now what I would like to fix
There is no option for use only 3G in setting like it was in froyo(there is only for force 2g)..so device almost always connect to 2g instead of 3g which makes it unusable..I have sim card with unlimited data plan and can't find way to force it to 3g.
Second you could make status bar thicker ..its oversized and to fat so using to much screen space.
There is no way to see recent apps ..its not maped to any off 3 buttons..if you can map it for long pressing home button..
There is more stuff but I now that you also now them but I would like to thank you again for your work.

there is no option in cm9 for wcdma settings, dunno why.
navigation bar height - ok
few days ago the long home/power button worked, i did not change anything, may someone broke it in cm9 (?) :S

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
there is no option in cm9 for wcdma settings, dunno why.
navigation bar height - ok
few days ago the long home/power button worked, i did not change anything, may someone broke it in cm9 (?) :S

OK I find the weird way to force 3g only

On phone type *#*#4636#*#*
Select phone information and chose wcdma only.

It should be set with notification widget in n.drawer but since that can't be shown(always display same.. wifi,bth,GPS and sound no matter what I change in option)..is that also not working for you or just me.
I am using your last version..did not try first..maybe long home button worked in first but you broke in last you upload.I see that you add tablet UI in changes but changing dpi to tablet dip like 128 crashes system UI.
I dont care about camera so don't bother with that because every phone has better but hope in some future version you will fix tehtering.Thank again..

Edit..I found the way whow to edit togles in notification drawer in status bar with some external app.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
OK I find the weird way to force 3g only

On phone type *#*#4636#*#*
Select phone information and chose wcdma only.

It should be set with notification widget in n.drawer but since that can't be shown(always display same.. wifi,bth,GPS and sound no matter what I change in option)..is that also not working for you or just me.
I am using your last version..did not try first..maybe long home button worked in first but you broke in last you upload.I see that you add tablet UI in changes but changing dpi to tablet dip like 128 crashes system UI.
I dont care about camera so don't bother with that because every phone has better but hope in some future version you will fix tehtering.Thank again..

Edit..I found the way whow to edit togles in notification drawer in status bar with some external app.

looks like the the density (!= 240) breaks lot of things, dunno why now comes it out (with 240 density everything works just fine)

PerGert

Aug 30, 2012
I tried, i failed on my s7 slim 201u, it seems that this rom is for s7, not slim.
I flashed first and second version on S7 Slim 201u from Poland and it works. What bugs did you encounter?

can I install this without cwm? how?
ICS PROBABLY can be flashed through CWM v.2.5.1.8 but version from Asturel is newer and works better. You can't flash ICS through official Huawei recovery.

Last edited:

wheeqo

Jan 15, 2012
I flashed first and second version on S7 Slim 201u from Poland and it works. What bugs did you encounter?
I also encounter the same problem, when installing from cwm it said the rom for s7, so that it failed to install to my s7 slim.
and what do you mean, with "first and second version"?

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
PerGert said:

ICS PROBABLY can be flashed through CWM v.2.5.1.8 but version from Asturel is newer and works better. You can't flash ICS through official Huawei recovery.

you cant flash try that old recovery ics...you need that from asturel..just copy it to somewhere on pc ..enter that directory via cmd and flash with command "fastboot recovery recovery.img"

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
wheeqo said:
I also encounter the same problem, when installing from cwm it said the rom for s7, so that it failed to install to my s7 slim.
and what do you mean, with "first and second version"?
As i sad you need that recovery from astorel flashed first..you cant flash ics with old recovery.