[ROM] FroyoFusion (A hybrid of my Ideos S7 Froyo 1.2.1 & S7 Slim Froyo)

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
FroyoFusion Release 2 available, get it in the first post!
i tested Release 2 and though that i would post back the result.

overall, it's awesome! love the gbread notification bar icons.

but...
1. if you expand the notification bar, a blue box (square/rectangle) appears in the position of the soft-back-button (arrow)
2. in the task list, close button (X) is kind of oblong-ish in shape (not circle compared to the stock framework)
3. music, photos and video apps still wouldn't conform to the ".nomedia" protocol (this is of course a huawei [emotion] software issue)
4. FCs upon tapping the "User Guide" (can be removed via titanium backup)
5. browser's default home is still mtn's website
6. no multi-touch (pinch to zoom) in browsers

the gallery is now there (not present in the first release)

had to go back to release 1 framework because of points 1 & 2.

here's my release 1 framework with no MTN shutdown: http://adf.ly/1jMwW

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
If you download the no mtn shut down in the first post its the original framework, you could just use that.

Sent from my HD2 using Android Tablet Forum

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
If you download the no mtn shut down in the first post its the original framework, you could just use that.

Sent from my HD2 using Android Tablet Forum
yes thanks. that's the very same no MTN shutdown framework that i initially modded.

request: can you edit your first post to include the new multiupload link? i already removed the mediafire link (which is the link in your first post).

thanks joe!

Last edited:

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
After couple days testing on this ROM. I find the two problems. When you run SKYPE, the speaker become silent and can talk the phone with earphone ONLY. Second, the bluetooth earphone receive very fast ringstone. Any one has same experience ?

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
hi taintony, thanks for the hint about editing a file in permissions folder to get multitouch in browse (pinch-2-zoom)

here's CWM compatible update for multi-touch browser fix:
- multitouch browser fix

flash it using CWM

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
hi taintony, thanks for the hint about editing a file in permissions folder to get multitouch in browse (pinch-2-zoom)

here's CWM compatible update for multi-touch browser fix:
- multitouch browser fix

flash it using CWM

Not at all. Please try to install SKYPE and verify that speaker become silent when you make the call. The earphone is OK. But I run same SKYPE on original INDO ROM, it is OK. I send message to Joe and hope he can find the problem.

Seguro

May 13, 2011
I have a different problem. I can't connect to Applanet.Internet works fine and Android Market also. But Applanet does not work. Does anybody know why? Or any hints? It worked on my "original" 2.2

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I have a different problem. I can't connect to Applanet.Internet works fine and Android Market also. But Applanet does not work. Does anybody know why? Or any hints? It worked on my "original" 2.2

i'm pretty sure it's not ok to talk about applanet here (piracy)
but i will say that their servers are most likely down :x

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
hi taitony, i don't know if Skype on mine behaves as exactly as yours. mine is not in loudspeaker when I make Skype call. tapping the loudspeaker to ON spits a short voice (from the other line) and then it becomes silent again.

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
Installed this rom last night and it seems to be working fine. However I think some graphics are missing. As seen in this screenshot from the opening post

screenshot_5.png

the back graphic is missing on pretty much all screens.

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Installed this rom last night and it seems to be working fine. However I think some graphics are missing. As seen in this screenshot from the opening post

<<screen shot removed>>

the back graphic is missing on pretty much all screens.
just like what i reported in the previous page. if you want, you replace with default/stock framework, update it using CWM. since it is a stock framework, you'll loose the Gbread icons.

Last edited: