[ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 KK Edition (Beta 7)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
*** note that they will always be risk in flashing firmware, flash at your own risk ****

Installation Steps

** note that this is only for revision 1(goodix) tablet **

** if you are on CM9/CM10, you can directly flash CM10 **

1. Take note that you need to be on official 4.0.3 firmware(you can get a copy of it here)
2. Install CWM if you do not already have it(you can use KKRomkit9 to install it)
3. Download KK-CM10-B7 (here)
4. Copy CM10 zip file you downloaded in 3. into internal storage or external sdcard
5. Boot into CWM using KKRomkit9
6. Select install zip from CWM

If you are unsure, do feel free to us. Better to know what you are doing before updating firmware.

Most of the things/functions are expected to work.

SPECIAL FUNCTION: Touch Top of screen and swipe down to hide/unhide statusbar

if you wish to try out face recognition or google now, you need to flash google apps(here)

Hightlight

- fixed workspace icon out of screen issue when in portrait
- Added wifi adhoc support
- fix issues with applications not able to access to external mSD
- added transparent statusbar support(change transparency in notification panel quick control)
- fix issue with settings crashed when trying to change default ime
- change gesture to V swipe to prevent accidental statusbar control.

Known issue:
- rmvb hardware decoding does not work
- camera in skype can be jerky at times

View attachment 8364

$kk-qc-eng.png

Last edited:

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
"** note that this is only for revision 1(goodix) tablet **"

How can identify which revision is my tablet ? Thanks !

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
"** note that this is only for revision 1(goodix) tablet **"

How can identify which revision is my tablet ? Thanks !

use android terminal program and do "getevent"

~ # getevent
add device 1: /dev/input/event3
name: "gt80x"
add device 2: /dev/input/event2
name: "ecompass_data"
could not get driver version for /dev/input/js0, Invalid argument
add device 3: /dev/input/event0
name: "sun4i-keyboard"
could not get driver version for /dev/input/mice, Not a typewriter
add device 4: /dev/input/event1
name: "axp20-supplyer"

if you see "gt80x" then you are revision 1.

pirolisi

Oct 7, 2012
thanks for your awesome work.....I can confirm for all other user have rev 2 .... using update-cm9-touchscreen-rev2 after flash rom the touch work perfectly.....many thanks
p.s. the rom is not rooted or I wrong something?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
thanks for your awesome work.....I can confirm for all other user have rev 2 .... using update-cm9-touchscreen-rev2 after flash rom the touch work perfectly.....many thanks
p.s. the rom is not rooted or I wrong something?

yes, its already rooted.

mauri72

Jul 28, 2012
I finally got my chance to flash this and test it a little. So I wanted to thank you KK, because this feels a lot smoother than any of the official ICS firmwares I flashed in the past.
I am not sure if you are interested in some feedback, but here it goes anyway.
Camera is ok for pictures, but a little glitchy for chatting: in Skype it continuously produce some sort of jerky movement, not sure how to best describe it, but if you are as old as I am you may remember Max Headroom...that sort of thing. Also in GTalk the image appears OK on the PT76i screen but on the receiving end the image is green. Is that just me or does this happen to anyone else?
One other thing: I went to download Google+ and the marked made me download an ancient version...like 1.0. something..while we should well be past version 3. This seems to cause some incompatibility with Hangouts. Why is the newer version not available to download for this?
I will keep on testing a bit longer.
Anyway..I thank you again for your efforts and your help. Hope some of this stuff can be fixed and if not maybe I will give CM9 a go.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I finally got my chance to flash this and test it a little. So I wanted to thank you KK, because this feels a lot smoother than any of the official ICS firmwares I flashed in the past.
I am not sure if you are interested in some feedback, but here it goes anyway.
Camera is ok for pictures, but a little glitchy for chatting: in Skype it continuously produce some sort of jerky movement, not sure how to best describe it, but if you are as old as I am you may remember Max Headroom...that sort of thing. Also in GTalk the image appears OK on the PT76i screen but on the receiving end the image is green. Is that just me or does this happen to anyone else?
One other thing: I went to download Google+ and the marked made me download an ancient version...like 1.0. something..while we should well be past version 3. This seems to cause some incompatibility with Hangouts. Why is the newer version not available to download for this?
I will keep on testing a bit longer.
Anyway..I thank you again for your efforts and your help. Hope some of this stuff can be fixed and if not maybe I will give CM9 a go.

I am aware of the camera issue but have not found the time to find out whats wrongs. 4.1 is still news and will likely have compatibility issue with applications not design for it. I will not be spending time looking at application specific issue unless it look to be related to hardware.

If the stuff that you need are not working for you in CM10, I suggest that you continue to use CM9 or other rom that servce your needs.

bamboodragon2

Oct 12, 2012
More details(descriptions or screenshot) will be more helpful.

sr. my English language is fine impossible, so ... ^^

when i connected my tablet (p76ti) to PC via USB ...

- on my tablet before press "turn on USB storage" - SDCard really mounted

$Screenshot_2012-10-13-06-11-35.png$Screenshot_2012-10-13-06-11-56.png

- on my PC after press "turn on USB storage" - my PC unable to detect external mSD

$pc2.JPG$pc1.JPG

- after disconect with PC - on my tablet extSDCard not mounted

$Screenshot_2012-10-13-06-23-38.png

pls help me !!!
i really like this ROM, its wonderful

thank a lots, KK
:)
sr. i can't find thank button ^^

ps: this issue was fixed on Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 KK Edition (Beta 5)

Last edited:

bamboodragon2

Oct 12, 2012
I found a few issues:

into Trebuchet settings, when chose "Homescreen" or "Drawer" or "General"
or into Android keyboard settings/Advanced settings --> the new dialog like this

- Trebuchet settings:
$Screenshot_2012-10-13-00-40-41.png$Screenshot_2012-10-13-00-41-07.png

- Android keyboard settings:
$Screenshot_2012-10-13-00-42-22.png

- and into settings/developer options, when chose launch tools --> the settings has stopped because unfortunately

a few aplication has sam sam issues (ex. FX Explorer) :(

Last edited:

sstavross

Nov 3, 2012
Hi KillerKink!
I Tried your rom and it is really very good!
I have also the same problem as bamboodragon2 , but I have another problem too: I have change language to greek but when I tried to start the youtube application it says that "has stopped working" (in greek of course). When I change the language to english it works fine. Any solution for this problem?